When you’ll first start StrategyQuant you’ll see the main screen as in the picture below.
The program functionality is divided into tabs on the sides.
These tabs are:
- Home – starting screen of the program, it contains the sample settings, news and helpful links
- Builder – tool to build new strategies or improve existing ones. The core of the program.
- Retester – tool to retest existing strategies on a different data or with different settings
- Optimizer – tool to optimize parameters of existing strategies or to run Walk-Forward simulations
- Data manager – tool to manage (download, import, export) data that are used in backtesting
- Custom projects – tool to specify your custom flow of tasks
- Wizard – editor of trading strategies. Here you can create a trading strategy from scratch by defining its exact rules
- Code Editor – editor that allows you to build your own indicators or building blocks
- Grid Control – overview of tasks running on computing grid
- Global config – global program configuration options
- Report Bug – report bug or suggest an idea using this link
- Build version – version of build that you are currectly using