Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • #139316 |
    Customer
    29 Posts

Hello!

IC Markets have Server location in New York that means I have to import data USA ,New York timezone???

IC Markets Have TrueECN account 3,5$ per lot 

1.Set cost per roundturn 3,5$ or set to higher

Customer
    97 Posts

Hello!

IC Markets have Server location in New York that means I have to import data USA ,New York timezone???

IC Markets Have TrueECN account 3,5$ per lot 
    1.Set cost per roundturn 3,5$ or set to higher

It’s best to import via NYK close timezone so you get the standard 5 daily candles. It should be EST+7 NYK.
    $3.5 per lot round trip is actually very low, are you sure it is round trip?

Customer
    29 Posts

daveng, on 23 Sept 2016 – 8:44 PM, said:

It’s best to import via NYK close timezone so you get the standard 5 daily candles. It should be EST+7 NYK.
    $3.5 per lot round trip is actually very low, are you sure it is round trip?

Nop I´m not sure

you can see it here account type http://www.icmarkets.com/forex-trading/trading-account-types/

TRUE ECN account- is this good account??

and to I even need to set round trip

Customer
    97 Posts

daveng, on 23 Sept 2016 – 8:44 PM, said:

Nop I´m not sure
    you can see it here account type http://www.icmarkets.com/forex-trading/trading-account-types/
    TRUE ECN account- is this good account??
    and to I even need to set round trip

The website didn’t provide any info on its commission and can’t find any faq from the Internet.
    I think best to confirm with their help desk via live chat, coz $3.50 round trip seriously sounds too low.

Customer
    29 Posts

The website didn’t provide any info on its commission and can’t find any faq from the Internet.
    I think best to confirm with their help desk via live chat, coz $3.50 round trip seriously sounds too low.

OK thanks for communication

Customer
    29 Posts

Hello 

IC Markets send me this

True ECN account shows the raw interbank spread received from our liquidity providers, on this account we commission of $7 per standard lot round turn.

Round turn commissions for various order sizes are calculated as follows:

Lot size Commission Amount

0.01 AUD $0.07

0.1 AUD $0.70

1 AUD $7

Round means that the the opening and closing commission are charged at the time of opening your position in the MetaTrader 4 platform. The commission upon opening a position is $3.50 and $3.50 upon closing, however as commission is calculated on a round turn basis the total amount of $7 is charged at the time of opening your position.

Commission rates will vary depending on the base currency of your trading account. Below are commission rates for different base currency accounts:

AUD = $7 round turn

USD = $7 round turn

EUR = $5.50 round turn

GBP = $5.00 round turn

SGD = $9.00 round turn

JPY = $6.50 round turn

CHF = $6.60 round turn

NZD = $9.00 round turn

My roundturin is then 5,50$ in SQ I set Higher or set to same???

Customer
    18 Posts

Hello,

After reading this topic, I have joined Askiriguy and downloaded its 1986-2016 MT4 database and then imported it to SQ.  The same thing with DukasCopy base downloaded with Tick Downloader.  After testing some strategies with both historic data (from 2004.01.01 and above) and getting some noticiable differences, I decided to research more.  First thing I ve found is that Askiriguy data is UTC+1.  My broker (ActivTrades) is UTC+0, so I configured TickDownload to export UTC+0 csv files (which were the ones imported to SQ).  I have also analysed both csv with python and pandas.  I have noted that some recent data from Askiriguy has some missing data.  Take for example EURUSD @ 2016.09.15.  There is no row at 00:10, 00:24.  Taking these into consideration, I would like to make some questions:

– Is there any tool to convert Askiriguy data to UTC+0 (not counting python and pandas)?  

– How bad is for my strategy research if I use SQ with UTC+1 data, but trade in my broker with UTC+0?

– How do you know Askiriguy base is better than DukasCopy?

Thank you,

Rafael Del Rey 

Customer
    18 Posts

Adding to the previous post, I have exported UTC+1 data from DukasCopy/TickDownloader and compared some strategies between Asirikuy (originally UTC+1) and DukasCopy (converted to UTC+1).  They are still different, as if one equity curve becomes progressively more offset compared to the other (they, at least, have similar shapes).

2349 Posts

The data among brokers can never be the same. Its because if you trade with CFDs brokers – “market makers” they are basically an isolated system. Each of them creates its own marketplace. Ticks that happen with them cannot be seen within the rest of market. If you trade on CME or EUREX for example then each tick can be seen by anybody in the entire world. Hence that data are consistent across all data providers (if they do not compress them like Interactive Brokers who sends “snapshots” only)

Customer
    17 Posts

Please recommend a solution for recording MT4 brokers Tick/M1data? While back on other forum I’ve seen references to EA created by geektrader & birt, though haven’t found actual code.

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

Please recommend a solution for recording MT4 brokers Tick/M1data? While back on other forum I’ve seen references to EA created by geektrader & birt, though haven’t found actual code.

Tick data record script > google it im sure you could find on the MQL forums

Customer
    17 Posts

Sure I did before posting and found some (except the one I was referring to). The expectation though was to hear some time proven solutions from seasoned people. 

Customer
    29 Posts

Hello

Which broker is best for HistData??

Customer
    17 Posts

Recently noticed that QuantConnect has FXCM and Oanda data download for a pretty acceptable pricing. Anyone had a look at the quality of this data so far?

Customer
    292 Posts

Not possible to export

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.