Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • #140892 |
    Customer
    17 Posts

I’ve purchased QuantConnect Oanda CFD data, it is actually downloadable. Though it is not OHLC, but quote data only. The usability within SQ is questionable.

Customer
    292 Posts

But you cannot download them as one file?i mean tick or one minute data

Customer
    17 Posts

1 file/day 1M resolution. Also you get list of direct download links for each file. Batch download and stitching is the least of a problems.

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.
    Customer
    29 Posts

Hello

Where I can buy best history tick data????

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

Hello

Where I can buy best history tick data????

It was mentionedd again and again here on the forum.. Asirikuy..

Customer
    29 Posts

Hello

If I’m going to look at everything then I read this all year

Customer
    916 Posts

FXCM tick data (from 2015), free.

https://github.com/FXCMAPI/FXCMTickData

FXCM is proud to continue the drive for more openness in data.

We now have an open repository of tick data for certain instruments starting from January 4th 2015. The tick data repository is free for unlimited individual usaage and will be updated once a week.

The following instruments are available to download.

AUDCAD,AUDCHF,AUDJPY

AUDNZD,CADCHF,EURAUD

EURCHF,EURGBP,EURJPY

EURUSD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY

GBPNZD,GBPUSD,NZDCAD

NZDCHF.NZDJPY,NZDUSD

USDCAD,USDCHF,USDJPY

To help with the downloading of data we have two python examples(Python 2.7 and Python 3.4).

Files are stored in our public directory with the following path URL

tickdata.fxcorporate.com/{instrument}/{year}/{int of week of year}.csv.gz

For example if we want to get the first week of 2015 for EURUSD the URL would be

https://tickdata.fxcorporate.com/EURUSD/2015/1.csv.gz

Participant
    16 Posts

has anybody looked at forexite quoteroom? this is the format of the data. data goes back to 2003 but am not too sure whether the “time” column is compatible for SQ

“Date”,”Time”,”O”,”H”,”L”,”C”
    12/14/2016,0001,1.0623,1.0624,1.0623,1.0624
    12/14/2016,0002,1.0625,1.0625,1.0624,1.0624
    12/14/2016,0003,1.0625,1.0625,1.0624,1.0625
    12/14/2016,0004,1.0624,1.0625,1.0623,1.0624
    12/14/2016,0005,1.0623,1.0625,1.0623,1.0625
    12/14/2016,0006,1.0625,1.0625,1.0625,1.0625
    Customer
    17 Posts

Any good sources for CME futures?

2349 Posts

Hello,

you can check this site https://www.quandl.com/

Customer
    57 Posts
    Hello guys

Given the importance of the data by tick. And that I only know two free fonts of these. At least really extensive, not just a few months (Dukascopy and TrueFX), I want to have the data also of TrueFX, but I am encountering a problem:

Has anyone been able to import the data by tick that TrueFX offers for free, in SQ?

I downloaded EURUSD, and I was importing it into SQ whitout problems for the last months, but occurs a error when I am importing the month 3-2016. Did someone have the same problem?

It is a mistake that only you can find out if you do a backtest in that moment. And that error damages the other data that is imported. I even see that the problem starts on March 18, but I have no idea what the problem is

Has anyone successfully imported EURUSD data?

AndrEAs

Customer
    57 Posts

Hello guys

Given the importance of the data by tick. And that I only know two free fonts of these. At least really extensive, not just a few months (Dukascopy and TrueFX), I want to have the data also of TrueFX, but I am encountering a problem:

Has anyone been able to import the data by tick that TrueFX offers for free, in SQ?

I downloaded EURUSD, and I was importing it into SQ whitout problems for the last months, but occurs a error when I am importing the month 3-2016. Did someone have the same problem?

It is a mistake that only you can find out if you do a backtest in that moment. And that error damages the other data that is imported. I even see that the problem starts on March 18, but I have no idea what the problem is

Has anyone successfully imported EURUSD data?

Well, I found the error and reported the following to the TrueFX guys:

I just want to inform you that the historical data of EURUSD 2016/6/18. from 16:00:00 hours have several critic errors which prevent to import the data correctly.

For example at 16:01:08.216, Bid Price 1.12907, and Ask Price 1.1291 EUR/USD. 
    In this case the Ask Price doesn’t have the last digit. And this is a mistake that is repeated over and over again for the rest of that day.

If you need more details I let my email .

And,please, If you repair the data in that day, I would love to know that. for re-download it.

Regards

Andrés Marín

I would can repair it, speculating a bit with the last digit and being careful that the Bid is always smaller than the Ask, which would not be so relevant as to deteriorate the quality of the data, but but is a lot of job… :wacko:  For now I will only wait for an answer.

AndrEAs

Karish
    Customer
    578 Posts

@AndrEAs SQ

TrueFX tickdata is less accurate then Ducascopy IMO from what i saw and heard,

you can get this data when using TickDataSuite as the 2nd source of data (the 1st is Ducascopy),

https://eareview.net/software/tick-data-suite-v2-released

Customer
    52 Posts

Since it seems that almost every one of us has struggled to get good data … and we are all going through similar processes of trial and error, encountering issues, bad data, etc. why not take a different approach.

It looks like SQ imports the files and stores them as .DAT files. Why not have SQ provide the “validated” .DAT files set to GMT 0:00 of at least the majors for M1, H1, H4, and D time frames that we can just download and drop into the “bin” folder? The M1 .dat file on my machine is only 162 MB covering May 2003 to Jan 2017. Every other time frame file is much smaller.

It shouldn’t take too much effort to script something that pulls down the dukascopy data and rebuilds the .DAT files once a month. 

This would save us all huge amounts of time and likely help prevent us from going to market with bad strategies that haven’t been fully vetted.

What do you think SQ Marc / Tomas?

Customer
    100 Posts
    Is it illegal to share the data I bought from the commercial website which is not exists no longer?
    I bought data from forexdata.biz more than 3 years ago, but I cannot connect that website any more.
    These data starts from the 1987 or 1986 and updated until 2014.08. and it is M1 (GMT+0) !
    Maybe the Asirikuy M1 data might be almost same with this because years ago, many asirikuy members have bought this data together. (And Daniel the manager of asirikuy introduced this website to asirikuy members) I want to share this with SQ members if it has no problem.. 

Malim

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.