Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant (formerly named Genetic Builder)>General Discussion>[How To] Tune SQ for max performance and reduce memory usage by 4 to 5 times

• #140913 |
    Participant
    1 Posts

My SQ used to generate strategies in 0.400s more or less but now all of the sudden this time is about 4 seconds per strategy, which is really slow.

I already used the command line suggested and tuned the memory to 16gb which is how much I have availabe and the problem continues.

I don’t know why the performance dropped so much. By the way I’m using the fastest methods possible to generate the strategies… the program has all this RAM available and it’s not using any.

Any help?

fenky0304
    Customer
    1 Posts

dear geektrader:

wow it’s amazing…and thanks for your share!!!! 🙂

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.

Attachments in this forum are visible only for registered users.

Customer
    100 Posts

Hello geektrader,
    Thank you for this great method to speed it up.
    BTW, Can I use this same way in the SQ4 ?

Malim

Malim

Customer
    100 Posts

I have tested it and found that this is not work in SQ4 any longer. I’ll wait and see how SQ4 will be optimized.

Malim

Participant
    1 Posts

I also hope that SQ4 will have these 2 problems resolved, the correct amount of memory the program sees and a user can set and the garbage problem

the biggest impact is in the Monte Carlo robustness tests when it freezes at any level beyond 100 strategies

so far its like a plane which as long as it flies subsonic its ok but if you want supersonic, it hits a wall

one option is to test the strategies in smaller clusters

Customer
    1 Posts

Hi

A have another question in this regard, and it is:

Does a Graphics Card help performance or java does not use it?

Administrator
    754 Posts

Hello,

we do not use GPU for backtesting in StrategyQuant. GPU is only used to display user interface

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.