Not logged in
Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>[How To] Tune SQ for max performance and reduce memory usage by 4 to 5 times

• #233400 |
    Customer
    1 Posts

Hi

A have another question in this regard, and it is:

Does a Graphics Card help performance or java does not use it?

tomas262
    Administrator
    1769 Posts

Hello,

we do not use GPU for backtesting in StrategyQuant. GPU is only used to display user interface

Customer
    8 Posts

Does it mean SQ is not using highly intensive calculations like Folding@Home or crypto miners?

Customer
    61 Posts

Hello,

can it be that WindowsServer 2016 does not accept the ZULU installation, for some reason, or does anyone know what settings have to be done in WindowsServer 2016 for ZULU to run on SQ?

Participant
    86 Posts

I am getting chromium crashes and access error with it on v129

Customer
    2 Posts

Hi I need some help,

I have a problem my PC have 16 cores AMD3950X and 64Gb of RAM and the SQ that I use is the version SQ 3.8.2, is the most that I like it, the problem is that the SQ don’t use all the RAM than I want to use, more or less 60Gb, the maximum that I have seen using was 17Gb.

How can I improve the memory use in the SQ, in options and performance you can only manage the cores not the memory.

Customer
    764 Posts

times of SQ3 are gone, now its time for SQX

to use all your CPU power you need to run more SQ3 instances

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Customer
    102 Posts

Does anyone know how to increase the CPU?  I have no issues with DRAM on my rig.  It is the CPU that is maxed out for me.  Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.