Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • #113554 |
    Customer
    21 Posts

Hello Mark

I have some suggestions to implement to the new SQ4. I believe that these improvements can dramatically accelerate our work with the SQ. My goal is to significantly reduce the number of different variants of strategies. In this way, we should generate a strategies much faster!

1. Ability to set a minimum and maximum period for each indicator in Building Blocks. It realy doesn’t make sense to use RSI or CCI with period of 200. But it make sense to use SMA with period of 200. 
    2. Ability to set a value of step for each indicator. In the current version of SQ, the builder uses periods of indicators like 21,33,47,94 and so on. It would be better to set a step of period to 5 or 10 (for example) and than we can get periods like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 10, 20, 30, 40 and so on.
    3. Ability to set a minimum and maximum period for ATR based SL and PT. I really do not like the current way of ATR setting for SL and PT. I don want to use ATR based SL with formula like 1,47*ATR(73). I prefer to use period of 50 for ATR. So, I would like to set minimum period 50 and maximum 50. 
    4. Ability to set a value of step for ATR period. This is the same as for other indicators, but for ATR based SL and PT.
    5. Ability to set a value of step for ATR multiple. This is another problem that needs to be solved. Today, the SQ uses ATR multiples like 1,43, 1,78, 3,83 and so on. It would be better to set a step for ATR multiple. For examle, if set a ATR multiple step to 0,1, we cang get values like 1,5, 2,0, 3,3 and so on. It is much more logical.
    6. Features to use imported tick data for generating Renko and Range bars. I believe this is really no need to explain.
    7. Please, improve the CPU and RAM usage. I do not know why, but my SQ is using only 10% of my CPU very often. Despite the fact that I have a set of 12 threads.

Because I work with SQ every day, I will probably add some suggestions to this list.

Automated Trading, PA & Renko systems, PC - i7-5820k, 480 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 

Customer
    614 Posts

Let me comment on 2 of your suggestions:

1) That is just not true, I have a strategy that makes conistent money and uses a RSI as main entry with a period 800 on M15 !

7) Yes, I suggest that as well, the multi-thread usage is bad currently when building strategies. I´ve made a feature request here already: http://tasks.strategyquant.com/issues/100

Customer
    934 Posts

I would say that number 6 would be a fantastic feature.  I realise that to generate accurate Renko or Range bars you need real tick data imported, but in the case where you have imported tick data, SQ should allow selection of Renko/Range bars (with SQ to find best size within user limits) and use these for strategies in SQ.

🙂

Customer
    274 Posts

Very good suggestions about ATR setting.

In addittion, multiple of ATR should be set independently fot SL and PT.

I want to set  (0.5~3)* ATR for SL, and (10~30)*ATR for PT.

But in SQ3.8 now, I set multiple is 0.5~30, some stragety’s SL is larger than 10*ATR. That make SL  no sense.

2349 Posts

Hi,

some of these suggestion seems to be quite useful. I will try to add them (or at least some of them) into the task system but if you have any other ideas or see a bug, please, create a new task here http://tasks.strategyquant.com/

Customer
    934 Posts

Would it be possible to build the tick downloader functionality into SQ4, so that it was always downloading new tick data from Dukascopy in the background, or on a schedule?

This would mean no more downloading tick files and then importing them into SQ4, since it would always be topping up symbols directly?

Administrator
    3116 Posts

thank you for the suggestions, I’m glad to tell you that all these things will be possible in the new SQ4. You will be able to configure the exact ranges including steps for parameters of every building block / indicator.

as for downloading data, yes, we are adding functionality to download tick data from Dukascopy directly into SQ.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    934 Posts

Hi Mark,

Looking at the latest SQ4 beta, I cannot see any sign of Renko or Range bars as a “timeframe”?

Regards,

Mike

Customer
    403 Posts

Could it be possible make SQ4 to suggest WFM periods based on detected change in consecutive loosers. Say it finds that a strategy that are re optimised evrytime it has more then 4 consecutive loosers is the best setting for optimasation period.

Customer
    403 Posts

Strategy Diversification

Load a portfolio and  let SQ4 develop a  strategy  tailored to diversify the same.

Administrator
    3116 Posts

Strategy diversification – yes, we plan this, but we cannot do everything at once. We’ll do it once all the standard stuff is working 100%

Suggesting WFM periods – I’m not sure I understand t. WF Matrix shows you the cells that have the most optimal  WF settings.

Range/Renko – they weren’t supported correct;y in Beta 8, but we added support for it into Beta 9.
    We are adding a few last bigger features to Beta 9 now, together with fixing all the bugs, I’d like Beta 9 to be the last Beta.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    309 Posts

Excellent would be to have robustness teste on a portfolio level. I found another possible features on build alpha site . Im going to write it to roadmap page.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  clonex.
    Customer
    403 Posts

“Suggesting WFM periods – I’m not sure I understand t. WF Matrix shows you the cells that have the most optimal  WF settings.”

I actually forgot the reason for this and withdraw the request. 🙂

One feature that I have requested many times is to be able to Robustness test the WFM result if you decide to use it in Your trading. I suppose you can do some of the tests as it is today but not all of them since the periods settings are not saved in the strategy. Most Tradestation futures traders actually do the WFM first and then they do the Monte carlo tests and the more advanced ones saves every period settings to the strategy but I suppose there is a limitation to MT4 and that it can only read one setting in it’s backtest engine.

drayzen
    Customer
    25 Posts
    • Consider account leverage in calculations, or possible to have MT4/5 bridge to access all account data?
    • Bridge/API access to other trading platforms?
    • Auto update calculation of all Symbol ‘Point Value in $’ settings correct to current market data for non-/USD pairs.
      https://strategyquant.com/pages/strategyquant-data-setting/

... the wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep ...

Customer
    934 Posts

Range/Renko – they weren’t supported correct;y in Beta 8, but we added support for it into Beta 9. We are adding a few last bigger features to Beta 9 now, together with fixing all the bugs, I’d like Beta 9 to be the last Beta.

I’m using SQX build 111, but I cannot find any settings to build strategies using Renko / Range bars, where is this feature now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.