Not logged in
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • #131799|
    Customer
    474 Posts

I don´t have any slippage problems during news, I use a good broker with custom liquidity from banks I know and that we have a contract with. Average is 0.4 pips negative slippage during news spikes, execution time is 36ms on average. I get tickets from the LPs for every trade to see who filled well and who not, and those that don´t do well, get kicked. I am logging this steadily, so all is good. Also, I do believe that the strategies survive it, because my actually do fine since months during news (apart from a general drawdown right now which though doesn´t come from problematic news trades, in fact most profits made DO come from such news for my strategies:) I just make sure the system has a good curve, passes all robustness tests and especially has statistically enough trades – anything less than 2000 trades in 14 years, I won´t take as the amount of trades is to low to be representative for stability.

Customer
    584 Posts

I also have excellent execution with my US broker, but when seeking offshore brokers for leverage higher than 1:50 (which are not allowed to serve US clients) one must lower his standards to the average retail brokers.

Customer
    474 Posts

I see, gladly I don´t have that restriction on me as I am not from the US.

Customer
    584 Posts

Its a terrible restriction

Customer
    484 Posts

I don´t have any slippage problems during news, I use a good broker with custom liquidity from banks I know and that we have a contract with. Average is 0.4 pips negative slippage during news spikes, execution time is 36ms on average. I get tickets from the LPs for every trade to see who filled well and who not, and those that don´t do well, get kicked. I am logging this steadily, so all is good. Also, I do believe that the strategies survive it, because my actually do fine since months during news (apart from a general drawdown right now which though doesn´t come from problematic news trades, in fact most profits made DO come from such news for my strategies:) I just make sure the system has a good curve, passes all robustness tests and especially has statistically enough trades – anything less than 2000 trades in 14 years, I won´t take as the amount of trades is to low to be representative for stability.

I don´t have any slippage problems during news.”

DMA and slippage go hand in hand.  Either your broker or their LP is absorbing the cost which means you must be trading a nickel and dime account or you’re marginally profitable at best.

Customer
    474 Posts

Neither, the broker has a custom liquidity stream for us, 80 LPs are pricing in. It´s nothing that is available for normal retail trading though. Hence slippage is as low. And noone is absorbing the slippage, it´s just a super-deep liquidity pool without the usual banks that pull liquidity during news – we have custom pricing from hedge funds and so on which trade especially during news, hence there is no problem with slippage.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.