Has anyone successfully generated Non Forex based EA’s?

13 replies

lsburrows

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113871

After having a sizable account eliminated in three minutes when the Swiss National Bank removed the currency peg in January I have turned my thoughts to EA’s based on stocks and indices.  So far I have not read of anyone who has been successful in this area in this forum.  One member posed the question recently but did not receive any comments and issued a statement awhile later stating that they assumed that the answer was zero.

I will ask again.  Has anyone been successful using Strategy Quant in developing successful EA’s based on anything other than Forex.  If so, could you please describe your experiences.

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131062

I’ve found what I think is a very good strategy for gold but have only just put it on a live account.

lsburrows

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131082

Hi:

Thanks for the response.  You are the only one.  I received a message from Marc Fric saying that the vast majority of members of the forum are Forex oriented.  He suggested that I open a new thread for non Forex interested members.  If there is an interest please respond and maybe we can open some dialogue.

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131083

I’m definitely interested, would love to create some index EAs as well.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131086

I’m very interested in index, metals and energy based strategies.  Not tried generating any yet though.

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131088

Non Forex Thread Sounds good

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131090

I know a CTA (based in Spain) and they are actively using SQ for major world equity/bond index futures

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131229

Can you share more information about the CTA in Spain regarding how they use the tools

felipebr

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131471

I’m also interested I trade on IC Markets and I can trade CFDs like US30, WTI and BRENT oil. Would be great we can share hints about it. 🙂

Peter

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201001

Anyone know what the data manager settings should be for a IG Markets MetaTrader?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201002

Hello,

what symbol (market) do you refer to?

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201010

BTCUSD

Most Brokers offer Bitcoin

I found historical data about bitcoin and a tool to import this data in metatrader

I will try next bitcoin.

————-

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/3704#!tab=comments

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160791.0

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Peter

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201011

(Answer to tomas262)

The symbol in IG Market is “UKOIL”. But it is the same as Brent Crude Oil.

Since this is a CFD I guess the point value etc isn’t the same as the normal symbol. Also it isn’t exactly the same as the oil that is being traded on CME or ICE.

I have attached a screen shoot from IG Markets together with the spec.

As you can see on the screen shoot the price, when I write this, was 64.3740. This might look strange since Brent Crude Oil normally only have 2 decimals…

I did a test trade to see what one (1) lot would do in price: I bought at 64.5290 and sold at 64.3820. The loss on that trade was -127.08
(In my account it is traded in EURO)

I hope this will make my original question a little clearer 🙂

Best Regards,
Peter

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #201022

Hello,

in this case I suggest to use point value = 1000, pip size = 0.01 and minimum step = 0.0001

to all: for futures fans, CME now introduces Bitcoin futures 🙂 http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/bitcoin-futures.html

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)