I think I would need some help searching the bug…
During tests I noticed my EA is trading only long, althought I mirrored all rules and the only difference between long and short rules is that I changed “<” and “>”, all the rest is same. I changed also “Enter at Market”, so I have direction long (for long trades) and short (for short trades), also different magic numbers for both directions. I use one custom indicator, which I guess works fine, because it works well for long trades, so I guess it should work for short trades too.
In MT4 Strategy tester, if I go to “Expert properties”, and set “Positions” to Long & Short, it trades only long. If I set to Long, it trades only long. If I set it to Short, it makes no trades at all.
I checked everything many times, but still can’t find any bug in the rules or in testing in MT4…
I would be very glad if anyone would be willing to check my sqw file. :)
Zoki, please try to attach your SQW file or send it to our support directly email@example.com
OK, I will. Should I send also custom indicator and maybe the screen of “Edit Custom Indicator Dialog”?
Right now, I’m having also another BIG problem… all of my EAs, which has comma “,” in the name of file, stopped to work (because EA’s name is loaded only partly, characters left from the comma), while trying to load them into Strategy tester. And after I renamed them into name without commas, there are just no trades during backtest any more… also if I saved EA from the scratch with new short name. I tried with new instance of MT4, still same problem. Then I tried with MT4 which I have installed on my VPS… I can’t believe, it’s still same problem… EAs which worked before, stopped to work (from Strategy Quant and my other EAs from before), while basic preset EA “MACD sample” still works well. Is it that something happened with MT4 (maybe update or what) or maybe just my broker (IC Markets) did something (maybe it’s issue cause by the weekend)? I can’t find any reasonable explanation for these sudden troubles in last days… =:-O
Tomas262, I found out later, that MT4 which started to cause me problems on my PC, was version Built 890, updated on Sept 25th, and it also happened that I started to get these problems just last days, maybe a day or two before the weekend. I also checked MT4 on VPS, that one has MT4 built 880, updated on Sept 18th. It makes same problem with names of files with commas in them. It can be (I can only assume), that MT4 on my PC which worked prior the date Seot 25th, was maybe not updated on Sept 18th to version built 880.
If you would like to check, maybe the best way would be if you try with MT4 which I use (but be sure it will show last version built 890 after installation, who knows, maybe it’s already new version again), I got MT4 on site from IC Markets (but I don’t think that could be problem just their MT4 version, maybe it’s about entire last MT4 built update):
Next step, after installing, can you save one example EA inside SQ EA Wizard, with name which include commas, for instance “Example 01, EMA 10,20, Stoch, SL, TP” or similar. After that I usually copy the code in SQ EA Wizard to MT4 MetaEditor and I save it there under same name as I saved it in SQ EA Wizard. Then I compile it and it’s supposed to appear in the list of EAs inside Strategy tester. After you click on the chosen EA in the list of EAs in Strategy tester, will it load with whole name “Example 01, EMA 10,20, RSI” or will it load its name only partially as “”Example 01” (only to the first comma in the name), which then MT4 can’t find in its folder under that name, so it can’t be started, it can’t even open settings or open in MetaEditor either.
Thank you for help!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.