Not logged in
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • #114310|
    Administrator
    3206 Posts

Discussion to the article: https://strategyquant.com/roadmap

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    940 Posts

Many thanks for the update Mark, most looking forward to the extensibility, hoping it is flexible enough to be a generic backtesting and optimisation platform, so that can code up strategies in Java and backtest them quickly.

:)

Customer
    335 Posts

This is excellent news !!! Thanks Mark !

Customer
    734 Posts

Extremely excited and appreciative! The portfolio level testing of multiple pairs and multiple strategies and doing this with my EA Wizard systems in SQ is the holy grail package for me. Thanks for the updates.

Customer
    26 Posts

Thanks, wanting to have, SQ4.

Customer
    2 Posts

Multi-Time Frame, Multi-Pair, Custom Functions(indicators) remarkable!

Karish
    Customer
    579 Posts

Thanks for the update!, Can’t wait for SQ4’s alpha version, this will be very exciting and interesting!  :)

Customer
    63 Posts

Fantastic news Marc! I would like to suggest that the user manual be updated also. In particular, for newbies such as myself, an explanation of the various variables and metrics used in analysing generated results, I.e return/drawdown, profit factor and more importantly their typical acceptable ranges would be a massive help. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customer
    940 Posts

Multi-symbol & multi-timeframe strategies support – possibility to create strategies that trade on multiple symbols or timeframes

Quick question, will SQ4 open multiple positions on the same symbol/instrument, so for example add to an already open position, or hedge?

Customer
    436 Posts

Take your time, quality better than speed.

Will be possible to add data partly in databank? I mean, i have data since 2003-2014 uploaded in SQ and if i want to add 2015, i have to upload all data since 2003. To have possibility to add just few months would be good and faster.

Patrik

Participant
    38 Posts

Hello,

please do not forget to allow also the opposite of :

• Multi-symbol & multi-timeframe strategies support – possibility to create strategies that trade on multiple symbols or timeframes”

This should be implemented too, because adding price data as custom indicator is not good solution from Tradestation /MultiCharts because of limitations there:

Possibility to create strategies that trade on single symbol based on multiple symbols with multiple timeframes (as indicator for trading that one symbol in the result).

e.g. you might use T-Bond data to trade the S&P500.

The Reason is that:

You can use 3 symbols at a time to plot them as indicator and export the data according to the main symbol in MultiCharts. In total you are always limited too 100 (in Tradestation 50) indicators (including symbols as data2, data3, etc…).

So this is also a reason for adding new indicators in SQ4 and new releases because of the limitations of maximum simultaneous export in MultiCharts/Tradestation.

That would make it much more comfortable.

E.g.
    You might calculate that if you use 5 additional symbols as indicator and then 10 other indicators on them (than in StrategyQuant already implemented) then you already hit the maximum allowed of 50 custom price files at a time in Tradestation.

Thank you.

Customer
    734 Posts

Will be possible to add data partly in databank? I mean, i have data since 2003-2014 uploaded in SQ and if i want to add 2015, i have to upload all data since 2003. To have possibility to add just few months would be good and faster.

Patrik

You already can do this in SQ3.

Customer
    436 Posts

You already can do this in SQ3.

How?

Thanks

Customer
    734 Posts

How?

Thanks

Should be the same way you added any data.

I’ve added data that was only available in year-by-year segments. Some were also month by month. SQ even gives a warning if there is a gap in the dates or the dates were out of order.

Customer
    384 Posts

Patrik

Really? What happens when you upload 2015 only? I have updated my datasets last month and did not see any problems.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.