Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • #114654 |
    Customer
    362 Posts

Customer
    362 Posts

2349 Posts

good job notch, thanks for sharing with others

Customer
    481 Posts

Hi notch very good. I hope best for the strategies

Customer
    601 Posts

Thanks for the work notch, I´ve run the strategy on some pairs that you trade on 29 years of data, but I don´t get any usable results that would make me use it live to be honest. Still big thanks for the efforts, maybe it´s the re-opti all 2 weeks that will make it work for someone, I will be closely watching your forward approach test on FXBlue.

AUDJPY_H1.jpg[/url]

AUDUSD_H1.jpg[/url]

CADCHF_H1.jpg[/url]

EURAUD_H1.jpg[/url]

EURUSD_H1.jpg[/url]

GBPAUD_H1.jpg[/url]

GBPUSD_H1.jpg[/url]

USDCAD_H1.jpg[/url]
    Customer
    362 Posts

Geektrader: TO MANY LARGE PICTURES!

My post states the equity curve is walk forward so to replicate it you would need to perform a walk forward on the respective pairs. Also I do not trade this system. As I mentioned the models I will post do not meet my trading criteria.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Customer
    601 Posts

Hi Notch,

no problem here with the pictures, I can see them all just fine. Yes, I could post them for walk forward too, but that looks the same on 29 years of data. So I think that won´t help a lot. And if a strategy fails like that on so many pairs already in the normal IS backtest, it´s just as you say, I do not really consider it for trading. But really thanks again, keep it coming and I will watch the FX Blue account you´ve posted (this IS the strategy you´ve posted that you trade there, right?).

Customer
    362 Posts

Hi Notch,

no problem here with the pictures, I can see them all just fine. Yes, I could post them for walk forward too, but that looks the same on 29 years of data. So I think that won´t help a lot. And if a strategy fails like that on so many pairs already in the normal IS backtest, it´s just as you say, I do not really consider it for trading. But really thanks again, keep it coming and I will watch the FX Blue account you´ve posted (this IS the strategy you´ve posted that you trade there, right?).

Sometimes helping others is too much like hard work!

Customer
    601 Posts

Trolling because I posted my results of backtesting your strategy on 29 years of data?? What the heck, LOL? If that is trolling to you, then I am sorry, but you must be kinda out of your mind. All I did was to load up your strategy and run a backtest on the pairs that you trade on the live account as well.

But indeed, some people don´t like to see the truth and feel pissed off, seen that to often lately in the Forum that when sharing knowledge, you get attacked in the end for the time you´ve spent to write up a post. Hence I´ve decided I will not share further results nor knowledge and keep it for me from here on. It will save me time + profitability of the strategies / approaches I use, because the fewer people trading it / generate strategies this way or can speed-up SQ through my performance tuning guide, the longer the edges will last for me personally. I´ll still submit bugs though, but that´s about it really from here on.

Cheers.

Customer
    362 Posts

Trolling because I posted my results of backtesting your strategy on 29 years of data?? What the heck, LOL? If that is trolling to you, then I am sorry, but you must be kinda out of your mind. All I did was to load up your strategy and run a backtest on the pairs that you trade on the live account as well.

But indeed, some people don´t like to see the truth and feel pissed off, seen that to often lately in the Forum that when sharing knowledge, you get attacked in the end for the time you´ve spent to write up a post. Hence I´ve decided I will not share further results nor knowledge and keep it for me from here on. It will save me time + profitability of the strategies / approaches I use, because the fewer people trading it / generate strategies this way or can speed-up SQ through my performance tuning guide, the longer the edges will last for me personally. I´ll still submit bugs though, but that´s about it really from here on.

Cheers.

What?

You win Geek.  Obviously, after ten years of trading with no success you obviously know a thing or two about building profitable trading systems.  Make your mind up!  It was only a few weeks ago you claimed it was impossible to build profitable trading systems etc now all of a sudden you have a fountain of knowledge.  With respect, I can’t take you seriously.  

Customer
    905 Posts

Seems to be a common theme here. 

It’s obvious this forum is not somewhere to discuss ideas, put forward trading idea or suggestions or question anything.  Pity really.  I was ruthlessly attacked for suggesting TA without any kind of external Fundamental Analysis will always fail as being a SQ hater.

Best thing here is to stick to posting SQ suggestions and bugs, anything outside that go to one of the trading forums.

Customer
    285 Posts

Seems to be a common theme here. 

It’s obvious this forum is not somewhere to discuss ideas, put forward trading idea or suggestions or question anything.  Pity really.  I was ruthlessly attacked for suggesting TA without any kind of external Fundamental Analysis will always fail as being a SQ hater.

Best thing here is to stick to posting SQ suggestions and bugs, anything outside that go to one of the trading forums.

You probably mean this thread: https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/3977-does-automated-trading-and-technical-analysis-work/ 

I dont see any attack. But what i see that you kick any argument ( some of them after 1 minute).  But what dou you expect from discussion if the only proof for you  is a statement of 1000000 USD account? From my point is discussion with this “dynamic” waste of time.  

And do you really think that every TA trader or owner of SQ must be milllionare ?  😀  😀

Btw: i see there many inspirative and opened discussions…

peace 🙂

Customer
    434 Posts

Ducascopy data are good quality.

How quality is the Asirikuy data? 

Could someone please, make backtest for EURUSD 2005-2015 both datatsets smae EA to see if we can trust the Asirikuy data?

It is very important to know, the data u use for building strategies are correct, if not, backtest is not valid.

notch can you do this, please? Patrik 

Customer
    362 Posts

Patrick, as I mentioned: I do not take the trading talk of Geek seriously. Do your own tests then make your mind up.

Customer
    434 Posts

So you dont use Asirikuy data?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.