Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • #135742 |
    Customer
    237 Posts

Thanks for the luck . Tomorrow ill launch a strategy that wins 99% of the time as i ll contribute as you did.
    Strategy works on tick data , 21 pairs , optimization time : each 30 mins or less .
    Its robust as your strategy but more accurate.
    Chill life is fun ūüôā

Customer
    375 Posts

Thanks for the luck . Tomorrow ill launch a strategy that wins 99% of the time as i ll contribute as you did.
    Strategy works on tick data , 21 pairs , optimization time : each 30 mins or less .
    Its robust as your strategy but more accurate.
    Chill life is fun ūüôā

I will take your word for it and I look forward to it. I hope it isn’t a PT: 2 pips and SL: 200 pips strategy. Also, it will be good if you’ve actually traded it live.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Customer
    734 Posts

I had one of those, I got rid of it in 2 months. Its damage is in my portfolio’s main drawdown. I thought I would run a low risk low TF strategy to remove stagnation. Now I prefer stagnation, lower win%, low sharp, massive growth over long term (like 200+% years and some years 0%) tested as far back as my data will go, in this current case its 1986. The scalper I ran was on 5 years of data. Market changed by the time I ran it, even with small opt periods.
    But they aren’t my specialty. I suppose someone who only develops those strictly might get at lease somewhat better results, but I still feel they will almost certainly implode within 1-2 years. When you see other people’s equity chart on the internet of their 95%+ win system, they don’t show you that end part.

I do hope Gentmat’s strategy works out and he updates us with it. If such a style proves to work and keep on working for years, it’d be a nice diversification weapon. I personally wouldn’t bet my entire portfolio on it though.

Customer
    237 Posts

The end part is a blow. But the idea is finding something to triple your money in 1 month . Withdraw 2x and keep 1x running . Do that many times until 1x blow … And again new cycle.

Averaging down works 90% of the time until market trend with no look back (10% of the time)
    Now 90% this happens + scalping with edge + averaging down (no close stoploss)

Thats why i wish sq had such option (open multiple trades a time)

Customer
    734 Posts

Would a professional do it?

Customer
    734 Posts

Its a good way, with some luck, for small accounts to get to big accounts over a couple years, but once you get to big account, you need a totally new style.

Customer
    375 Posts

There are many different valid approaches to building profitable sustainable strategies including retail scalping. ¬†However, on a risk per unit of return basis, I think it makes more sense to have a portfolio of 100+ low correlated strategies all working in tandem. ¬†This will satisfy the scalpers lust for a high number of trades, rapid equity growth and the portfolio composition should minimise drawdowns. ¬†Us a trade manager EA to limit the number of positions that can be opened at the same time will protect the account margin. ¬†However, one still require a robust strategy to get started otherwise the performance will end like¬†AT’s “perfect portfolio” advertised on the SQ home page. ¬†

A new equity high for EURUSD SteadyGrowth which is an SQ strategy!  Well done Leo!!!

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/bodynet/eurusd-steadygrowth/1111164 

Customer
    734 Posts

I’ll finally be setting a new balance high next week if my trail stops get hit, 2 more months until its run for a whole year.

Whos FXbook is that btw?

Customer
    375 Posts

Well, if you include open trade profits, you’re already there.

FXBook strategy: see the first comment under the perfect portfolio article on the SQ homepage.

Customer
    734 Posts

thx a lot

It is quite nice and possibly, by chance, its robust enough to survive multiple market environments but the backtest is only to 2008, so its been through some different market environments but not alot. Really the only criticism I can pull for it. Besides that, its working quite well so far. I like their transparency.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.