Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • #143160 |
    Participant
    12 Posts

Hi Sydap:

‘‹- copy or not copy trades from magic number when X condition is met
    ‘‹- X condition to be unique per magic number
    ‘‹- And/or change the position sizing (lots size) depending on portfolio (account) metrics
    – X conditions being for example, profit factor, consecutive win/loss, DD, negative profit
    ‘‹

A portfolio is made of different currencies and time frame, all EAs have a unique magic number.

‘‹Is that in your plans?

Hi Lucca

Yes, for first two statements.

Would love to be able to do lot size changes but so far have not found a programmer who says that can be done.

However I have enabled the Controller Signal to control a Trade Manager which operates on the trades of the EA on the live account. So when EA is in DD on the demo, the TM is enabled and with it we can set a tighter SL, close say 80% of the trade at tight SL and see what happens to the next 20% etc. In other words change the trade conditions to what might be more suitable for the changed market condition.

Don’t think I can analyse back tests for this, and nor can it be back tested. So will be starting forward testing of this approach soon.

I agree, best portfolios are for different currencies. But one can also have a portfolio with same pairs but different strategies – eg trend following, range, momentum etc. One EA I know has 7 internal strategies!

And interestingly I have come across EAs that do not use magic numbers; which makes life difficult!

Customer
    60 Posts

Hi Lucca

Yes, for first two statements.

Would love to be able to do lot size changes but so far have not found a programmer who says that can be done.

However I have enabled the Controller Signal to control a Trade Manager which operates on the trades of the EA on the live account. So when EA is in DD on the demo, the TM is enabled and with it we can set a tighter SL, close say 80% of the trade at tight SL and see what happens to the next 20% etc. In other words change the trade conditions to what might be more suitable for the changed market condition.

Don’t think I can analyse back tests for this, and nor can it be back tested. So will be starting forward testing of this approach soon.

I agree, best portfolios are for different currencies. But one can also have a portfolio with same pairs but different strategies – eg trend following, range, momentum etc. One EA I know has 7 internal strategies!

And interestingly I have come across EAs that do not use magic numbers; which makes life difficult!

Thanks for swift reply. Do you see some conditions that  could not be implemented?
    ‘‹As well, regarding lot sizing, I guess the copier has a preset lot sizing per account then?
    ‘‹For example, copying from a nano account to a large account, from 0.01 lot to 1 lot?

La PIP c'est chic, 😀

Participant
    12 Posts

Thanks for swift reply. Do you see some conditions that  could not be implemented?
    ‘‹As well, regarding lot sizing, I guess the copier has a preset lot sizing per account then?
    ‘‹For example, copying from a nano account to a large account, from 0.01 lot to 1 lot?

I would have to consult my coder, but think they are all doable. Need to ensure that whatever metric we use also works for switching the copying back on when conditions are right.

The Copier used is the FX Blue Personal Trade Copier (free) which was modified to enable it to receive a Controller Signal. The Copier has many ways of determining what lot size you want to have copied; but the Signal cannot alter that setting once set. It can only enable/disable the copying.

https://www.fxblue.com/appstore/2/mt4-personal-trade-copier

The enhanced feature for the Controller is described in the User Guide as follows

3.13Controlling the Copier using MT4 Global Variables

You can block the Copier from placing new trades using a Global Variable in MT4 (press F3, or choose Tools / Global Variables).

You can use this either as a way of controlling the Copier manually, by creating and removing the Global Variable yourself, or you can have an automated system which uses the Global Variable to turn the copying on and off based on something such as account equity or performance.

The Copier is controlled by a Global Variable called Suspend-X, where X is the channel name. For example: Suspend-MySender. If a variable exists with this name, regardless of its value (zero/non-zero) then the Copier will ignore new trades. The Sender EA will not issue a message to the Receiver EA.

Customer
    309 Posts

Post here pseudo code ssma

Odoslané z G3121 pomocou Tapatalku

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.