BUG I THINK: TOO MUCH BIG PROFITS

7 replies

ekinciubey

Customer, bbp_participant, 14 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259468

I was playing with the settings for a moment and then this happens ??

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259472

Hello,

please share with us your build config and a sample strategy. From the screenshots attached we know nothing about settings used. If the setting is not done correctly (incorrect testing precision / low sensitivity) it can generate unrealistic results. It is a completely normal behavior

Attachments:

ekinciubey

Visit profile

3 years ago #259478

HI,

I’ve attached the files.

I Also tested in MT4 and the file works but not on MT5, gives met errors while compiling.

MT5 file was created with MT5 (hedged) engine.

Attachments:

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259487

this is not a bug, your strategy has no STOPLOSS, so you are sitting on the positions with a very big open drawdown…

longest trade 607 days 🙂

your data are not cloned, and you are using dukascopy UTC0 data and only on selected TF only, did you try 1M precision or for market strategies better tick solution?

said simply – this strategy is bullshit…

market strategy with a many parameters, most probably overoptimised…this will not work in the real

you really know what you are doing, that you want to trade market strategies? have you any experiences with them?

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Insanity82007

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #259489

This is also most likely a result of using the genetic algorithm. Add Entry and Exit conditions to your databank columns and you’ll see that these strategies will most likely be very similar if not the same.

ekinciubey

Visit profile

3 years ago #259491

Hi,

No, I’m still new and still learning. Experience less than 6 months! I will certainly study and learn paper threads for 1 to 2 years. In the meantime, I know the most commonly used indicators and their strategies. But trading with this on a live account? no, it is still too early for that.

With SQ I learn faster than before.
– I build some strategies and then I try to understand the source code correctly. Signals, indicators and their values.
– Which order types and which exit types are better.
– When I know these better I can also set the values ​​manually to reduce as many parameters as possible.
– Sometimes I also try to build a template with algo wizard and optimize it further.

– Meanwhile I cloned the timezones to UTC -1 (timezone of one of my broker server I am connected)
A second clone for another broker server with UTC +2.

– I test one of my ‘buggy’ strategies on MT5 on ‘every tick based on real ticks’ and on SHORT it was very profitable! but the LONG trades were a problem.
In totaly it was profitable??

MY FIRST STEP IS TO FIND A CORRECT METHOD AND SPEED FOR BUILDING A STRATEGY THAN THE RETESTER ON THE RIGHT WAY OF COURSE.

I learn from my mistakes in this community.
Isn’t this the intention of this community? or not?

Later when I have more experiences I will also contribute to this community

ekinciubey

Visit profile

3 years ago #259493

Hi,
you’re right!
Learned something again

Attachments:

ekinciubey

Visit profile

3 years ago #259495

Can you suggest something to prevent publications in genetics?
Attached my settings.
I just set the population migration rate to 0%?

Attachments:

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)