I was playing with the settings for a moment and then this happens ??
please share with us your build config and a sample strategy. From the screenshots attached we know nothing about settings used. If the setting is not done correctly (incorrect testing precision / low sensitivity) it can generate unrealistic results. It is a completely normal behavior
I’ve attached the files.
I Also tested in MT4 and the file works but not on MT5, gives met errors while compiling.
MT5 file was created with MT5 (hedged) engine.
this is not a bug, your strategy has no STOPLOSS, so you are sitting on the positions with a very big open drawdown…
longest trade 607 days :)
your data are not cloned, and you are using dukascopy UTC0 data and only on selected TF only, did you try 1M precision or for market strategies better tick solution?
said simply – this strategy is bullshit…
market strategy with a many parameters, most probably overoptimised…this will not work in the real
you really know what you are doing, that you want to trade market strategies? have you any experiences with them?
You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.
No, I’m still new and still learning. Experience less than 6 months! I will certainly study and learn paper threads for 1 to 2 years. In the meantime, I know the most commonly used indicators and their strategies. But trading with this on a live account? no, it is still too early for that.
With SQ I learn faster than before.
– I build some strategies and then I try to understand the source code correctly. Signals, indicators and their values.
– Which order types and which exit types are better.
– When I know these better I can also set the values manually to reduce as many parameters as possible.
– Sometimes I also try to build a template with algo wizard and optimize it further.
– Meanwhile I cloned the timezones to UTC -1 (timezone of one of my broker server I am connected)
A second clone for another broker server with UTC +2.
– I test one of my ‘buggy’ strategies on MT5 on ‘every tick based on real ticks’ and on SHORT it was very profitable! but the LONG trades were a problem.
In totaly it was profitable??
MY FIRST STEP IS TO FIND A CORRECT METHOD AND SPEED FOR BUILDING A STRATEGY THAN THE RETESTER ON THE RIGHT WAY OF COURSE.
I learn from my mistakes in this community.
Isn’t this the intention of this community? or not?
Later when I have more experiences I will also contribute to this community
Learned something again
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.