Build Strategies simulation time

1 replies

Stuart

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #232950

Hi all,

I am currently running through trial period of SQ. I have spent most of the time so far working through understanding the different elements of SQ in generating and then testing systems. I have since tried to run a few ‘Build Strategies’ generations. In the creation of a robust strategy, how long should this be left to populate a Databank of strategies? I have left this running overnight twice now with different parameters however the quality of strategies appears hit and miss (profitable strategies have unacceptably large draw-down, stagnation, etc)

I am keen to understand the process that most people use here to know if it is user error on setting the parameters or simply not letting this populate strategies for long enough that may be the issue.

I obviously realize there is a lot to learn here but keen to get the best understanding over this trial period.

Thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #232957

Hello Stuart,

thanks for your interest in StrategyQuant. As for time necessary to build number of robust strategies it can really take many days of deliberate practice and fully loaded high-end CPU. Especially if you require a lot of variety in strategy logics and you use many building blocks. With StrategyQuant you can also explore specific tasks like using custom indicators or certain specific market conditions you believe provide some kind of trading edge (specific trading time, indicator, price action). In such case the process to obtain profitable strategies can be fast

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)