Not logged in
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums>AlgoWizard / EA Wizard>Feature Requests>Can we request latest version/s of AlgoWizard for download and offline use

• #256718 |
    Customer
    27 Posts

Hello

I use the EA wizard and Algo Wizard regularly.

The problem is the present/last downloads of both softwares have many fundamental bugs here and there and make it impractical and at times impossible to use.

I note that the latest version of the AlgoWizard is now available online for use and pleased to note that the issues I encountered on the downloaded (offline) versions have been rectified, at least to those issues I was facing earlier.

Being online, the key concern  is the strategies created/uploaded online may no longer be privy and confidential to the owner and could be stored/shared/access somewhere.  Some of the strategies created are the intellectual rights of some of my customers.

Can we request for the latest version/s of the Algowizard  for download and offline use.

Thank you

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Tony.
    Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

Hello,

As for releasing AlgoWizard offline/desktop version – we are still not sure if we’ll do it. AlgoWizard will be available embedded as a part of StrategyQuant, I’m not sure if we’ll release also only an editor as a desktop app. If it will be released, it will be only an editor, with no backtesting ability.

Online version allows us to update it more frequently, and gives possibilities for new features, so we want to focus primarily on that.

I understand your concern about sharing strategies, with online AlgoWizard the strategies have to be stored on the cloud, but only our programmers can access them and only in special circumstances as described in the terms of use.

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Customer
    27 Posts

Hi Mark

1    I read in the forum that the current online AW does not recognise custom indicators.  This would be a limitation if our EAs have these functions.  Separately as pointed out earlier, I am still concern with the confidentiality issues.

While you decide whether the AlgoWizard [AW] should  be made offline in the coming future, can your team continue to take feedbacks from us on glaring bugs/limitations in the current SQ Wizard [SQW] and to rectify and or improve it, just like what we have been doing for SQX.  What I am asking for is a basic version of the SQW which is as good as the old SQ EA Wizard V2.01.  The V2.01 serves its purpose except that it could not integrate with SQX due to its file format.  I am saying this because I was asked to use the online AW during those few times when I was seeking help on potential issues in the SQW.

In the event that your direction is to completely replace SQW with AW, we hope that the offline version will be available.  Although the current AW allows online backtesting for convenience, we can still get round it by using SQX. As such it is not a must to have this backtesting feature in the offline version.

2    Being an early SQ user, I have 3 downloaded versions of the Wizard as follows:-

i)     SQ EA Wizard, V2.0.1

This is a very stable version except that its file format is not compatible with SQX

ii)    SQ Wizard, file version reference is 2.1.6.1060

File format is compatible with SQX.

However, not as fully developed/tested as 2 i) above. For eg, I can’t do the following

–      In Full Editor/`On BarUpdateTab’/Rules

The setting for the `Rules’ window is not properly configured.  The moment I created more than say  25 rules, I cant view/move to the earlier rule’s tab.  Seems like we can only view 3 rows of the rules

–      Not as versatile as the V2.0.1  wizard.  I cant create variables/formula for the Lot Size.  Only 2 options are available, ie fixed lot size or Use Global Money Management.

iii)  Algo Wizard X Build 40001

This current version seems to have many bugs and I find it impractical and or impossible to use

Thank you

Mark Fric
    Administrator
    1182 Posts

Hello Tony,

SQ Wizard was an attempt for a new version of EA Wizard, but it was discontinued and we made AlgoWizard insteda of it. So SQ Wizard will be not developed or supported, we’ll work only on AlgoWizard.

When you talk about bugs in AlgoWizard do you mean the offline version embedded into SQ or online version?

Have you tried your strategies in online version? It is in active development and we fixed many issues there over the last few weeks.

Offline version will be updated when new build of SQ is released.

Have you reported these bugs in our task system?

Mark
    StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.