Not logged in

Forums

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • #196944 |
    Participant
    7 Posts

Hello. 🙂
    I have already searched for a solution in the forum but didn’t find any.
    My problem is that the download of tick data is extremely slow since yesterday. I have already downloaded some data previously and that was quite fast. Yesterday I installed the program on my secondary computer because it has more storage and since then, the download is extremely slow on both PC’s. It takes about one second to download one hour of data and after one minute, the data downloaded is only a few hundred kilobytes.
    Is this a known problem? Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Participant
    7 Posts

So when I download something regularly my connection speed is anywhere from 2 – 7 MB/s, but when I use the TickDownloader, it is mostly at 0.02 MB/s, the highest I have seen today and yesterday was 0.03 MB/s. Before that, it was faster, though I can not remember changing anything.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the program, restart my PC of course and even tried to disable some plugins to see if that changes anything but nothing but nothing has worked until now.

Does anybody have an idea?

Customer
    4 Posts

I have the same problem, the download speed is poor until it stops completely.
    The problem may be on the remote server from where the data is downloaded.
    And certainly there is no problem with my provider.
    Please verify the situation.
    Thanks.

Participant
    7 Posts

Yes definitely. I have even installed the program on a third PC by now and tried it and the problem was the same.
    I just hope that this is going to be figured out quickly.

Administrator
    519 Posts

Hello,

yes, there seems to be an issues with data provider Dukascopy. We need to wait for a while to see if its a temporary issue only

Customer
    4 Posts

Today it looks like it is already downloading at standard speed. 🙂

Participant
    7 Posts

On my PC’s it is still as slow as it was before. 🙁

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Simon.
    Participant
    1 Posts

Hello. Slow download speed is still stored. When will the question be solved?

Participant
    7 Posts

Is there any chance that the issue will be fixed in the near future? It hasn’t changed in the last two weeks, which is really strange in my opinion.
    Maybe Dukascopy doesn’t want any third-party access to their tick data anymore?
    Has anyone contacted Dukascopy yet?

Customer
    4 Posts

Yes you are right. The start of the download was pretty good for me, but then the speed dropped until it stopped.
    But I found out that there is a new version of 4.5.0, I made the update to the new version and the speed is OK again, try it.
    https://strategyquant.com/tickdownloader/ – Below you will find a changelog
    What’s new?
    Version 4.5 – Fixed issue with slow data download speed

Participant
    7 Posts

Thank you for the advice, I have tried it but it is still the same issue as before. 🙁

I have no idea why. I have even uninstalled the program a few times, downloaded the new version again and installed it again, it is still downloading just as slow as with version 4.4.0. Of course I have also restarted my PC. That also didn’t work.
    Does anybody have an idea what might be the problem?

Customer
    4 Posts

Unfortunately I have no idea, version 4.5.0 should solve the slow download.
    In which folder do you have a tickdownloader installed?
    Ideally into c:\tickdownloader or d:\ ………
    NO to c:\program files\ …

It is challenging me to completely uninstall delete all the disk entries, installing a new version 4.5. to a new folder.
    If this does not help, I really do not know.
    Good luck.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    7 Posts

Yes, the last time I installed it yesterday, I put it into a completely new folder. Yesterday, it was still downloading slowly, but when I checked again today in the morning, it was much quicker. 🙂
    So for now the problem seems to be solved. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Administrator
    519 Posts

Hello,

yes, the problem seems to be resolved with version 4.5.0. You can download the latest here https://strategyquant.com/tickdownloader/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.