Loading on winners

5 replies

Anton Awad

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 7 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260251

Hi,

I was wondering. Is it possible to let the robots add positions to winning trades and to cut losses more quickly? That way

we can increase profits on winners and cut losses on losers.

Please let me know,
Anton

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #260271

Hi,

there is a plan to add support for scaling in/out of trades which can partially solve this.

You can also setup a strategy template that would do this but without knowing more on your rules it cannot be done.

Personally I do not use this kind of method in my trading since I want to have everything as simple as possible but many traders actually confirm the idea… those trades that tend to work best are those that kind of work immediately with no or very small drawdown …

Anton Awad

Visit profile

3 years ago #260287

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I guess this adds to the quote let your winners run and cut your losses since most of the time a winner is a winner from the start.

What do you mean with a plan of scaling in and out of a trade? Are you planning to develop this into the software? And if so, do you know when this will be

added?

Unfortunatly I am still evaluating and trying to grasp the software so playing around with templates is out of my reach for now.

Anton Awad

Visit profile

3 years ago #261550

Hi,

Anyone know when scaling in and out of trades in terms of lotsizing will be added so smalltimers like myself can grow baby account

so we can purchase this amazing software?

Thanks!

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261571

i am afraid that no method of MM could make an easy money

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Anton Awad

Visit profile

3 years ago #261572

I think that increasing the risk (increasing lotsize) could do the job if you ask me. I noticed that positions that go the right predicted direction mostly end in a TP compared to positions which go into debt first and then when lucky it redirects.

Just how I have seen it until now.

Thanks for your reply btw 😉

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)