MT5 EA 4802 error but MT4 EA working

3 replies

cloudsourcer

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258787

Hi there, I am doing a trial of SQx currently.

Managed to get some ‘passed’ strategies using the GBPUSD simple H1 workflow but could not get the exported mq5/compiled MT5 .exe to work even after loading the SQ custom indicators required, getting the 4802 error.

I tried it with mq4/copiled MT4 .exe and they seem to work fine, I am guessing this is because the strategies were initially generated using the MT4 engine in the Workflow? If that is the case, then I would need to generate using MT5 engine only if I require MT5 EAs? Or is this not so…

many thanks in advance.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258802

Hello,

please send me the strategy file (SQX) to [email protected]. I will rather check where the problem could be whether on your side or with the strategy

cloudsourcer

Subscriber, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258833

Thank you for your offer of help Tomas, looks like I sorted it.

I had put the SQx custom indicators initially in the subfolder  \MQL5\Indicators\Examples , probably the EAs could not read it from that location, once I moved them to the main \MQL5\Indicators, problem solved.

Had another question though, more for Metaquotes really but if anyone has a workaround  …. in MT4, once I load the mql4 files, I could just refresh ‘Expert Advisors’ from Navigator and they get compiled and show up ready to load on chart, quite handy if I did not want to close and restart MT4 …that does not seem to work in MT5? Any workaround without having to close and restart?

thanks again

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #258839

i think that refreshing works for me also in MT5, but i am suing it as portable version

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)