Question before buying

16 replies

ps21

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238872

I try the software. It’s a great software. I’ve planned to buy it but I’ve some question.

1. Will there be a GPU support?
  2. Intel vs AMD. which CPU run better for this kind of workload? Is there any benefit of hyperthreading? Which one to buy to get the best bang for a buck. I’ve planned to buy a new computer primarily for running SQX.
  3. Is possible to create EA from a portfolio that is created from Quant Analyzer Portfolio master?
  4. When will Grid computer feature will be available? Do I need to buy an additional license for another machine?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238897

1. not for now, it has been discussed many times. We have to sacrifice some performance to keep SQ open and flexible, GPU is not good for that
  2. sure, the more cores you’ll use the better. SQ can use 100% of your CPU, you can look at CPU speed comparisons.
    I don’t think Intel is better than AMD or vice versa, it depends on the processor. Also, you don’t need to buy the best one, you should go for the best for the price. It is also important to have a lot of memory ( at leats 32 GB) and SSD disc.
  3. not in SQ, Quant Analyzer ony analyzes results of strategies, it doesn’ tcontain strategy code. But you can run these strategiestogether in one account manually, you don’t need to create a single EA for  it.
  4. I cannot say for sure, but we are working on it. We’d like to make it available for testing maybe next quarter. Pricing hasn’t been determined yet.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ps21

Visit profile

5 years ago #238910

Thank you very much for reply.

I just buy SQX :). Next thing is to build a new PC I’m comparing between AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and Intel Core i9-9980XE. Any idea which one is better.

coensio

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 106 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238911

ps21

Visit profile

5 years ago #238924

Thank you, everyone. I think I’m going to buy AMD TR 2990WX because Intel maybe wins in Single-Core Score and Quad-Core Score but for Multiple core score, AMD is faster by 50 %. I just hope it scales the same in SQX workload. I will run the SQX benchmark and post a score in this forum.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-TR-2990WX-vs-Intel-Core-i9-9980XE/m560423vsm652504

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #241323

Hello. How do I cancel my subscription after using it for a few months?

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #241324

Let us know if you need help with your subscription to [email protected]

David

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247485

Hi Mark.

Regarding the best CPU for SQX: What is best: A CPU with a few powerful cores or a CPU with more less powerful cores?

Thanks.

Regards

David

Visit profile

4 years ago #247487

I mean if two CPUs have the same overall score on www.cpubenchmark.net but with different amount of cores, which is better? Few cores or many cores?

Thanks.

Regards

tomas262

Visit profile

4 years ago #247497

Generally there is a limitation with clock speed per single core so it’s beneficial to split the load into as much cores as possible still having room to increase the clock speed (possible overclocking). Definitely parallel computing is a great step-forward

David

Visit profile

4 years ago #247546

Hi Tomas. Thanks, I think I know what you mean. What about memory? How much RAM is recommended/optimal? Does many physical CPU cores require more memory than fewer CPU cores? Do you have a rule that says X GB of RAM per physical CPU core or similar?

Thanks!

Regards

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247549

i think you could be good with 32 GB RAM, i have 128 but this was need for the old SQ…the new SQX is not so much RAM consuming

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 484 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247565

You can buy a Ryzen3700x with 32 GB.

This is a fast and cheap system. (ca 1100 Euro)

Better is a 64GB system. It cost 150 Euro more and you can run more programms prallel.

On my system I run 32 Metatrader and a SQ 4.X parallel.

I can open many documents and make Backtests parallel.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

David

Visit profile

4 years ago #247591

Thank you tnickel and hankeys. I am looking at the Ryzen 3700x myself 😉 Do any of you make consistent profits?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247594

what is constistency?

you will have loosing days, you will have loosing months and you could also have loosing years…

behind the profits lies very hard work, its not a question of a click of a BUTTON

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

w8asec

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247596

Just wondering, does the memory bandwith of 2990wx affect the performance in SQ X?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

1 2