SQ on Linux / Ubuntu

5 replies

Diwi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 49 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #232817

Hello,

I use Linux / Ubuntu on my computer. Does SQ run under linux? Does anyone use it under linux or has it with an experience or can tell of problems that one has under linux / ubuntu?

Thnaks,

Diwi

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #232819

Hello,

StrategyQuant now requires Windows OS to install. You can try to use Wine or similar software to run SQ under linux. We also plan to make SQ available for Linux in future

Diwi

Visit profile

6 years ago #232821

Hello,

Sounds good. I will try to install it under Linux with wine. Do you know a stable wine version with the SQ running? When it comes to performance problems in linux and I have to switch to windows with the program. Is this easy on the same PC or the license must be renewed.
When should SQ for Linux / Ubuntu be fully operational.

Diwi

Visit profile

6 years ago #232885

Dear Tomas,

I asked the above question because windows had three updates in the last five weeks (although I disabled windows update) and I had to restart the optimization three times. Linux is already important for me, especially with the long optimization times (400 – 800 hours on MT4).

I think an answer to my question, when your SQ for Linux will be operational could be: It is in the planning, when it will work, an answer is not possible.

I will test it on linux/ubuntu 16.04 – first. If it works, then write / distribute the solution here!

Diwi

Visit profile

5 years ago #234629

I can not run SQ on Linux/Ubuntu

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #234645

Hello Diwi, we want to make StrategyQuant available for Linux in future as well. Another option now if you do not want to have a performance drop due to virtualization you can run dual-boot on your hardware and let Win + StrategyQuant run overnight when you sleep. You can evaluate what you got in the morning and switch to Ubuntu for work during the day

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)