SQ4 compare with Forex Strategy Builder Pro

6 replies

Christian Schranz

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202133

Hi, as we are waiting here for SQ4 stable running version more and more it is also time to make some presure for faster developement in SQ4 Beta. So in the forex market is also a good product pushes with name “Forex Strategy Builder Pro”. So I like SQ3 and I work with this tools since 3 years but the generated MT4 code ise very old and 3.8.2 version has some bugs inside. So for me the solution can be SQ4 but the developement process is very slow and full of many bug. I thought in verion B7 it is better, but new problems come up with data import and many other things. I not sure if I will wait an additional year before we can use SQ4 for live trading. Maybe it is time to look around in the market to find products which are finished now on the level which SQ4 is not reached at a moment.

So any experience here with Forex Strategy Builder Pro versus SQ4?

Regards Chris

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 486 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202134

Hi Christian,

yes I have some experience with Forex Strategy Builder Pro. I know this product. For me it is good. But I am not able to find a profitable Strategy with the FSB. SQ3.8.2 have more tools to prevent curvefitting.

For example the WFA or the better Robustnesstest. SQ3.8.2 is more flexible than FSB.

Yes FSB have some advantages against the SQ3.8.2. But mark have implementet some nice idears in the SQ 4.X. I think 4.X is the best Product on the market at the moment. (If the bugs are removed)

SQ3.8.2 is good to find profitable Strategies. You can find a small portfolio of strategies and make money. Yes SQ 3.8.2 have some bugs a the moment. All software have bugs all time. The software is too complex to remove all bugs. The idear with the webside and the bugtracker is good. Every person who find a bug can it report there.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Christian Schranz

Visit profile

6 years ago #202137

Thanks for your answer, it will help me very well. You confirm my felling about SQ4 to wait and invest my personal time into SQ4 instead of Forex Strategy Builder Pro (because I had paid live time license for SQ). Only the possible improvments in SQ4 going to slow forward, maybe they need additional helping developer. So they are with SQ4 on the right way but at a moment they drive slow.

Regards Chris

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202139

Check this topic out and read all the posts inside,

this is a very stable version of SQ 3.8.2 MT4 code, replace the older files with the latest version (currently v1.4) at the end of the topic i am constantly updating the code and looking for suggestions for improvements, check it out here:

https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/strategyquant-3-8-2-custom-code-modification-project/#post-201967

Christian Schranz

Visit profile

6 years ago #202151

Yes you are right with SQ3.8.2 but I did not invest any time more in MT4. I look forward with MT5 and SQ4, so it would be make more sence for me to start a project for SQ4 instead of SQ3.8.2…..

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 486 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202818

Hi Christian,

I suggest to use 3.8.2 at the moment.

No one know than a stable version of SQ4 will be available.

The idear from Karish to make 3.8.2 more stable is good.

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #202836

xpert level curve fitting. :))))))))))

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)