Not logged in
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant>General Discussion>Strategies merged to one (trading in parallel)

• #267533 |
    Customer
    764 Posts

from monday i started with 3 demo accounts – 5 strats each merged to one portfolio MQL file

ptf1 – 5x EURUSD H1, putted to EU H1 market

ptf2 – EURUSD only TF M15-H4, putted to EU M15 market

ptf3 – 5markets (EU, GU, GJ, EJ, UJ), H1 only – putted to EU H1 market

so we will see how its trading after some time

first find – ptf 2 where are also H1 or H4 strats, which is putted to M15 TF – the pending orders for H1 strats have open time for example 8:15, so it seems that evaluation of conditions is not made on H1 TF, but still on M15 TF

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Participant
    32 Posts

hi ! anybody have a solution for this issue ?

I have Always the same problem

Customer
    12 Posts

Make sure you have imported the All the SQ custom indicators, Also do not put them in a custom folder, Lastly after import (copy&paste) either restart your trading platform or refresh your indicators.

Customer
    12 Posts

Keep us posted :)

Participant
    32 Posts

yes, all my indicators are correctly imported and i use them Everyday on a real account (MT5)

I really Don’t understand why all merged portfolios Don’t find any Indicator :/

Customer
    12 Posts

hi ! anybody have a solution for this issue ? I have Always the same problem

So I tried creating a Portfolio EA for MT5, I have the same issue. Will not load MovingAverages and in my case SqFibo. However, it loads all the others and Compiles with no errors. Not sure why Backtester can’t/wont load some indicators.

Customer
    12 Posts

Hi,

Error 4801 is an unknown symbol  here’s a couple reference’s

1) https://strategyquant.com/forum/topic/mt5-custom-indicators-backtest-journal-errors/

2) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/272025

3) https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/errorswarnings/errorcodes

In my code the symbol was hard coded something like NZDUSD_M1_UTCPlus02. This is how I had saved my Data file and trained the EA. There was an option in the the EA to change the symbol but I also removed it from the code as well.

I hope that helps as it appears the generated EA is calling for a symbol that requires user input to correct.

Customer
    19 Posts

Hi

There appears to be a problem with the Merge to one portfolio (Trading in Parrallel) in this Build 130 version. I was not experiencing this problem in the prior Build 129.

The consolidated result when run on MT4 is materially different to the summation of the results of the individual strats in MT4. Looking at the code….it appears jumbled and does not correctly distinguish the parameters for both separate EAs that are generated in SQX.

I have attached the individual strategies EA and the Portfolio merge EA in MQL4, SQX and also Pseudo Text.

Rich B

Customer
    1 Posts

I created a Portfolio from Simple Strategies on SQX, with the experimental option of “Strategy Merged to one”, after the test Run is SQX all filed have an N/A, I converted the Portfolio code in mql4 and the code is there. When I run the portfolio on MT4 backtest I can read on the MT4 Diary page that it start and ends but no transactions are performed. If on the same MT4 I run each strategies the results are correct (MT4 is well configure). Can someone help? thank you

tomas262
    Administrator
    1769 Posts

Hi,

a merged portfolio cannot be backtested in SQX only individual strategies. Check this for more information https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/merge-split-portfolio/

Have you installed custom indicators into your MetaTrader from the StrategyQuantX / custom_indicators / MetaTrader(4/5) ?

Customer
    764 Posts

you need to set correct symbols in the MQL file for your broker and merge only 1 TF for 1 symbol and 1 type of strategy (for example stop only) together – this should work

extern string Subchart1Symbol = “EURJPY”;

symbol must be set the exact name as your broker is using in the trading platform

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2016. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM. 1500+ final SQX strategies for members running on demo accounts to verify the edge DEMO ACCS. We provide also strategies for indices - DAX, DOW JONES, NASDAQ, SP, UK, because we have realtick data from our brokers.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.