Strategy does not exit on fridays

7 replies

Michael

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266978

Hi all,

I’m new to strategy quant and downloaded the trial version. I let it run for a while and it found some strategies. I chose that strategies have to exit on fridays at 10 pm. However, when looking at the trades of a strategy, it can be seen that trades are nearly 7 days in duration, e.g. start on a sunday and end on a sunday. This should not be possible with my setting (see attached image 2).

Is this a bug, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267026

Hi,

there should be no issue with the Friday exit option at the current version. What timezone is used for your EURUSD data? If there is no data after 22:00 Friday the exit cannot processed

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267028

you will be using not cloned data to your broker timezone – and because of that those data are UTC0 and friday candle is ending at 20:59

always use cloned data to your broker timezone – so most probably to EST07 (UTC2 with US DST)

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Michael

Visit profile

3 years ago #267030

Hey all,

yes, it could be a timezone issue. My timezone is UTC +1. I just downloaded the tickdata from Dukascopy and ran SQ, I did not specifically change anything with regard to timezones. I don’t know how to clone timezone data or adjust it correctly :(.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #267051

its easy – read the documentantion – https://strategyquant.com/doc

and it doesnt matter what is your timezone, but what is the timezone of your broker

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Michael

Visit profile

3 years ago #267059

I’m sorry, I could not find anything in the documentation about timezones. What exactly are you refering to?

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #267060

did you read it or not? 🙂

https://www.appdemostore.com/embed?id=5432437491367936

cloning to the timezone starts on page 91

Michael

Visit profile

3 years ago #267062

My apologies, I was browsing through the selected articles instead of the documentation, no wonder I couldn’t find it :D.

I was able to clone my timezone now, thanks for all the help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)