Strategy Editor in SQ3?

3 replies

Falco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 12 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #180293

Hi.

I have two general questions regarding the Strategy Editor and couldn’t find a clear answer. The SQ3 user guide I downloaded and read just mentions it but doesn’t provide any insight.

1) Can I formulate my own strategies in SQ3 or am I limited to generic (i.e. random) strategy generation?
2) Assumed the answer to (1) is “yes”: Can I use the improver and optimizer to work with my self-written strategies? Can I analyze test results from such strategies.
3 ) Again assumed the answer to (1) is “yes”: What are the limitations regarding self-written startegies? What can I do in SQ3 with generated strategies I can’t do with self-written ones?

Background info: Generic generation sounds nice but I don’t see how I can “point” SQ in direction of my believed edge. If I think I have a strategy with an edge I would like SQ3 to work with it. I don’t want to be limited to random strategies. So, the question is not if I can use custom indicators (to which the answer I know). The question is whether or not I can work with custom strategies.

Thank you.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #183466

Hello,

in the current version 3 you are bit limited with what you can do in the strategy editor. That is way we are extending new StrategyQuant 4 with Wizard editor so you will not be limited as you are now

Falco

Visit profile

6 years ago #184120

Thank you for having a look at my post. Could you please be a bit more specific (no pun intended) and answer my questions?
Thank you

Falco

Visit profile

6 years ago #184872

Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)