Using other timeframes in template causes GRID errors

2 replies

rjay

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 45 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242363

Is anyone successfully referencing another timeframe in a strategy template ?  I tried 6 months ago and gave up because of bugs (which I reported). Just installed the latest build and I still can’t do it because I’m getting errors.

My template (attached) simply references a couple of EMA’s on a D1 timeframe but I just get GRID errors when I try to run it.

If anyone has a template which uses alternate TF which works, I’d be grateful if you could share it.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242367

i just started with templates, but i think its not working properly in MQL code – https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5111

i was able to find strategies in SQX which are doing what i want by template, but if i run backtest in MT4 i am getting totally different trades

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #242393

Rjay, if you can please attach the project into our roadmap roadmap.strategyquant.com/projects/sq4/tasks/new so in case developers need more information from you, you will be notified. I have checked the template and all looks good meaning the template should be processed by SQX normally

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)