Comparison of our products
The goal of this article is to compare and to explain functionalities of the four products (SQX, QA, AW, QDM) developed by SQ Team.
Firstly, you should understand that the StrategyQuant X is the major project. The other three programs are parts of it or they are included in a full licence of SQX. However, it is also possible to get these parts separately.
What do all the apps have in common? You do not need any programming skills to join algo-trading community by using these programs.
If you miss any information, just contact SQ support team, they are always happy to help: https://strategyquant.com/support/
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/
- Creation of automated trading strategies (robots) using machine learning but no programming
- You don’t need exact ideas – genetic evolution searches for high-potential strategies for you
- Suitable for beginners and advanced traders as well
- Data Manager integrated directly in the app
- It allows to detect only high-quality strategies (robustness tests) and optimize them
- Export of strategy source codes to various trading platforms (e.g. MetaTrader, TradeStation)
- For Windows, Mac and Linux
- FREE trial version for 14 days
StrategyQuant X (formerly ‘GenBuilder’) is a unique and powerful computer program for developing automated trading systems (also called algo-strategies, trading robots, expert advisors, EAs) for any market (forex, futures, equities, crypto) and any time frame. Even though you don’t need any programming skills (it’s user friendly), it uses machine learning techniques and genetic programming (it automatically and progressively improves that development process). It means that SQX searches for high-potential strategies for you. Then you can do proper robustness/quality tests and optimizing (to use only the best picks) or to sell strategies to get an additional income. The final strategies can be easily saved in formats for MetaTrader 4/5, TradeStation, or MultiCharts.
SQX is able to combine and verify millions of different entry and exit conditions, order types and price levels to find the best performing strategies according to selected criteria – for example Net profit, Return vs Drawdown, Sharpe ratio, etc. Advanced research capabilities of SQX allow traders to test their own trading ideas, to optimize strategies, and to run complex tests for verifying a robustness (quality) of the strategies.
With StrategyQuant X it is not necessary to specify the exact strategy rules – the rules can be generated randomly. Do you want to create your own new and unique strategy? SQ X is the right software for you. If you are a beginner, we have many educational sources for you (e-books, video-courses, sample strategies, etc.).
Data suitable for algo-trading are integrated directly in the program.
Due to all above-mentioned facts, the program is miles ahead in functionality that any other similar programs.
14-day trial versions for FREE are available. If you decide to get on board fully, you can choose between three lifetime editions of full SQX licenses (https://strategyquant.com/pricing#specification). You may also divide the price to 12 monthly parts (kind of installments but without any obligation).
Product page: https://algowizard.io/
- Define your trading ideas without programming skills
- Backtesting of these strategies
- Get a source code of strategies for trading platforms
- Free or Pro version
AlgoWizard (formerly ‘EA Wizard’) allows traders to create and backtest strategies (for MetaTrader 4/5 or Tradestation/MultiCharts) using a visual Drag&Drop strategy editor for defining the trading rules (conditions and actions). It is necessary to know a logic and those rules of a strategy you want to build. You can also manually adjust strategies developed in SQX. AW comes with full licence of SQX for free. It is possible to use it both either in SQX program (AlgoWizard section) or online on the below-stated website.
To say it simply,
– if you know what kind of strategy you want to create (you know rules and conditions), and you only need to export the strategy to source code of your trading platform → use AlgoWizard.
– if you want to generate new strategies and trading ideas using machine learning (you do not know exact rules and conditions) + you want to detect only the best ones → use StrategyQuant X.
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/quantanalyzer
- A tool for analysing of already created (used) strategies
- Finds strengths and weaknesses of your strategies
- Plugin for MetaTrader 4 (MT QuantAnalyzer)
QuantAnalyzer (formerly ‘EA Analyzer’) is not for creating or defining new strategies, it analyses your current strategies and trading results. QA shows a clearly arranged overview with a lot of statistics such as profit for each hour or day.
Owing to this, you can find weak points and potential improvements for your trading. Traders can see advanced statistics, build optimal portfolios, and use the best Money Management. For instance, it is possible to use ‘What-If’ scenarios or Monte Carlo analysis. It can report from many trading platforms.
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/quantdatamanager
- A tool for downloading and exporting data
- Pro version downloads very fast using CDN network
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/quantdatamanager
QuantDataManager is a tool for downloading, managing, analysing, and exporting free historical data to use them in your trading platform.
If you have your own premium data, you do not need this. It is also a component of SQX (‘Data Manager’ section). Therefore, if you need data for using SQX, firstly download them in Data Manager section.
If you subscribe Pro version, you will get a verified download (no gaps or missing data) from CDN network (10–15x faster).