When evaluating the success of a trading strategy, a strategy developer can use a large number of strategy metrics. One of them is the profit factor. Profit Factor may be …
Comparison of our products
The goal of this article is to compare and to explain functionalities of these four products developed by SQ Team.
Firstly, you should understand that the StrategyQuant X is the major project. The other three programs are parts of it, and they are included in a full licence of SQX. However, it is also possible to get these parts separately.
What do the SQ software have in common with each other? You do not need any programming skills to join algo-trading community by using these programs.
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/
- Creating of automated trading strategies using machine learning
- Allows creating strategies using Drag&Drop editor based on your ideas or improving them
- Integrated data manager
- Allows to detect only high-quality strategies and optimize them
- Export of the strategy source code to multiple trading platforms
StrategyQuant X (formerly ‘GenBuilder’) is a unique and powerful computer program for developing automated trading systems (also called algo-strategies, trading robots, expert advisors, EAs) for any market (forex, futures, equities, crypto) and any time frame. Even though you don’t need any programming skills (it’s user friendly), it uses machine learning techniques and genetic programming (it automatically and progressively improves that development process). The final strategies can be easily saved in formats for MetaTrader 4/5, TradeStation, or MultiCharts.
SQX is able to combine and verify millions of different entry and exit conditions, order types and price levels to find the best performing strategies according to selected criteria – for example Net profit, Return vs Drawdown, Sharpe ratio, etc. Advanced research capabilities of SQX allow traders to test their own trading ideas, to optimize strategies, and to run complex tests for verifying a robustness (quality) of the strategies.
With StrategyQuant X it is not necessary to specify the exact strategy rules – the rules can be generated randomly. Do you want to create your own new and unique strategy? SQ X is the right software for you.
Due to all above-mentioned facts, the program is miles ahead in functionality that any other similar programs.
Product page: https://algowizard.io/
- Define your trading ideas without programming skills
- Backtesting of these strategies
- Get a source code of strategies for trading platforms
- Free or Pro version
AlgoWizard (formerly ‘EA Wizard’) allows traders to create and backtest strategies (for MetaTrader 4/5 or Tradestation/MultiCharts) using a visual Drag&Drop strategy editor for defining the trading rules (conditions and actions). It is necessary to know a logic and those rules of a strategy you want to build. You can also manually adjust strategies developed in SQX. AW comes with full licence of SQX for free. It is possible to use it both either in SQX program (AlgoWizard section) or online on the below-stated website.
To say it simply,
– if you know what kind of strategy you want to create (you know rules and conditions), and you only need to export the strategy to source code of your trading platform – use AlgoWizard.
– if you want to generate new strategies and trading ideas using machine learning (you do not know rules and conditions) – use StrategyQuant X.
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/quantanalyzer
- A tool for analysing of already created (used) strategies
- Finds strengths and weaknesses of your strategies
- Plugin for MetaTrader 4 (MT QuantAnalyzer)
QuantAnalyzer (formerly ‘EA Analyzer’) is not for creating or defining new strategies, it analyses your current strategies and trading results. QA shows a clearly arranged overview with a lot of statistics such as profit for each hour or day.
Owing to this, you can find weak points and potential improvements for your trading. Traders can see advanced statistics, build optimal portfolios, and use the best Money Management. For instance, it is possible to use ‘What-If’ scenarios or Monte Carlo analysis. It can report from many trading platforms.
- A tool for downloading and exporting data
- Pro version downloads very fast using CDN network
Product page: https://strategyquant.com/quantdatamanager
QuantDataManager is a tool for downloading, managing, analysing, and exporting free historical data to use them in your trading platform.
If you have your own premium data, you do not need this. It is also a component of SQX (‘Data Manager’ section). Therefore, if you need data for using SQX, firstly download them in Data Manager section.
If you subscribe Pro version, you will get a verified download (no gaps or missing data) from CDN network (10–15x faster).