EA issues

5 replies

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113645

Having issues with an EA failing to exit when told to. Also, when I run a back test this EA DID NOT TAKE THE SAME TRADE IT TOOK ON A LIVE ACCOUNT. (lucky its a winner)

Just put an EA onto a live (small) account about a month ago and it is set to exit at end of range.

Original settings were to trade between 2 and 21:30 so the exit at end of day option should have never come into play.

However, I’ve adjusted the times to suit my broker so the time of trading is now 5 – 00:30

It took a trade on the 29th April and has failed to exit at end of range OR the end of the day.. both of which are set to true.

Just wondering if anyone can see a conflict here that could be causing it not to exit when told?  Also, any idea why it took the trade in real life but not when backtested on same data?

Cheers

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #130084

What’s in the journal on the live MT4 terminal?  Perhaps the EA attempted to close the trade, but the order was rejected due to timeout or slippage.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #130086

Does this EA use market orders or stop/limit pending orders?

If it is stop/limit orders then a widening of the spread on the real account could trigger them that would not be seen with fixed spread backtesting.

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #130096

Hi Mikey thanks for your reply, the strategy looks like it uses market orders.. Weirdly too I had a look at the journal and the trade doesn’t even show up in there? WTH??

File: SQ.jpgSQ.jpg

nolube

Visit profile

9 years ago #130159

Hi Mark, any idea what is going on here?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #130192

so if I understand it correctly the problem is that your EA failed to stop trading and close all positions at the end of day or range?

It is difficult to find out what’s going on without the strategy, could you post it here or send it to my by email?

The log you attached doesn’t show missing order, what is the problem you marked there? It looks like standard pending order, what’s wrong with it?

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)