Version 3.8.1 – bugfix release

1 replies

kowalski

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113880

Hi, my SQ Starter 3.8.0 version  is not updating automatically to the bug free version after start. Am I not eligible for this crucial update?

To your attention; I figured out almost instantly after some ea generations, that there must be some kind of bug, either in your software, or in mt4; results in sq and mt4 seldom matched even approximately, and therefore the quality of any ea generated by SQ was in serious doubt from the very beginning, exposing users to serious risks!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know, you admit this indirectly by your update. Some trust is lost.

Thankk you for answer to my basic question: HOW TO UPGRADE TO 3.*.1?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131128

SQ doesn’t yest upgrade to the new version automatically, you have to download the new version by yourself from our website:

https://strategyquant.com/download

and run the installation. You can install the new version to the same folder where you have your old SQ installed, it will not overwrite your settings.

To your attention; I figured out almost instantly after some ea generations, that there must be some kind of bug, either in your software, or in mt4; results in sq and mt4 seldom matched even approximately, and therefore the quality of any ea generated by SQ was in serious doubt from the very beginning, exposing users to serious risks!!!!!!!!!!!

this has been discussed many times, there were issues with Tradestation code which we believe were mostly fixed in version 3.8.1.

EAs for MT4 are extensively tested, and their results should match in SQ and MT4 if you use the same data and settings.

When you experience different results there are several reasons, one of the most often is that you use different data or settings in MT4 and in SQ.

With forex the problem of data is that every broker uses his own data and timeframe, so you should use the data of your own broker and import them to SQ – or you should be able to use TickDataDownloader to download and export the data in the timefame of your broker.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)