Bug really heavy…

5 replies

Fluke

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 43 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113953

The software really does have many bugs, a small bug that so much trouble, it’s what the settings area of the various tabs are exchanged. such settings retest, are the settings of build strategies, and vice versa. But this is a small bug. I have found a really big bug… I have not purchased the software because of these bug.
The problem is as follows:
i have a strategy in retest tab.

This strategy it’s retested with tick simulation and show me an equity chart.

When i test with optimizer, the equity chart of original strategy (with the same settings, same precision, same data, same spread, same money managment, same all) it’s different!!! 
Why does this happen?
They will be fix all those errors with version 4?

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131339

I have used the software for many months and have never seen this difference. 

You have to be absolutely sure everything is the same, every single setting, otherwise the results may be completely different.  I suspect your restest settings differ from the build settings in some way.

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131340

The software really does have many bugs, a small bug that so much trouble, it’s what the settings area of the various tabs are exchanged. such settings retest, are the settings of build strategies, and vice versa. But this is a small bug. I have found a really big bug… I have not purchased the software because of these bug.
The problem is as follows:
i have a strategy in retest tab.

This strategy it’s retested with tick simulation and show me an equity chart.

When i test with optimizer, the equity chart of original strategy (with the same settings, same precision, same data, same spread, same money managment, same all) it’s different!!! 
Why does this happen?
They will be fix all those errors with version 4?

Hi,

there is problem (or used to be) with tick simulation mode. If its not the same, you should use Real tick data backtest/1 Minute data precision. The programmer knows about this mistake i think.

Patrick

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131343

I can´t confirm this bug. For me strategies in the Re-Tester using tick simulation mode look the same in the optimizer IF I also select tick simulation mode there. Make sure that both are set to tick simulation mode and of course that ALL other Strategy Settings (max SL, max TP, price distances, etc) are all the same. Then it will match just fine.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131350

You are using a value of “1” for a moving average / RSI / CCI… etc. somewhere in your optimization settings. Adjust this to start with 2, a moving average can´t be 1.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131429

I’m sure there is no bug in retesting, because it uses the same engine.

Whether you test the strategy in Generation, Retest or Optimization, it wil return the same results – if you use exactly the same settings and data.

When you experience problem like this it is usualy difference in settings – either in data or in Strategy Options. Even small change in options can produce big difference.

It is easy to load the same settings in Optimizer as was used in retest. Just load the strategy to optimizer, then click on it in Databank, go to Results -> Strategy settings and click on button “Apply last strategy settings ..”

This wil load the very last settings used when testing this strategy and use it for the curent module – in this example in Optimizer. Then you’ll hav eexactly the same settings in Optimizer as there was in Retest. If you haven’t done anything with the data in the meantime then you’ll get the same result after retesting it in Optimization.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)