Replace pending orders fail

6 replies

stepni

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114114

Hello,

It is not the first time I have this problem. In practical, every strategy behave same. I would like to know If it is known problem or it is bug on my side. I have checked replace PO of course. I am also running several pc, instances etc., so it can not be problem with my platform or something like that. 

Thank you

File: PO.PNGPO.PNG

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132291

Hello,

what exactly is the problem here? Maybe it is a misunderstanding. You have two diferent orders – one buy stop, another sell stop.

“Replace pending orders” functions means only that it replaces the same order – so one buy stop with new buy stop.

But it is possible to have two stop orders to different directions opened simultaneously – this is how range breakouts can work.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 524 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132301

Yes, it is normal if you have a pending buy AND sell at the same time from time to time, that´s just how it is by design and how the systems also work if backtested in SQ. However, you should not have 2 sell orders from the same EA for example.

Or do you mean that it does not update your pending orders from time to time? You need to describe your problem a bit more and post the log tab from MT4 so that we can see the errors MT4 gives you.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

stepni

Visit profile

8 years ago #132317

I am in touch with Mark by email.Something was clarified, but there is still one thing I do not understand well. If its protected before executing two orders. For example, the range between the buy / sell stop order is smaller as SL given positions. So without first position was closed at the SL, will be open to the opposite position. Then the market would have been both positions and I think that he would not sit right with SQ (correct me if I’m wrong).

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #132319

Yes, this is correct, this happens from time to time and is exactly like it happens in the SQ backtests as well. I´ve asked Mark the same question about a month ago and also compared results in SQ with my live-trading for many strategies, and yes, it´s sometimes the case that there is a buy and a sell active in the market at the same time, but it´s the same in the SQ backtests and actually is exactly how the system works in this case and was generated by SQ. So all good.

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

stepni

Visit profile

8 years ago #132320

Great, thank you for your explanation.

geektrader

Visit profile

8 years ago #132324

Yes, no problem, just backtest the time-range of your live trades with the same data in SQ and you´ll see that it also opens 2 trades at the same time like on your live account.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)