multiple testing

36 replies

krzysiaczek99

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 57 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114121

Hi,

It’s well known that the methodology used in strategy quant introduce false discovery of the strategies.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2207682327001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAt6-8xFk~,r8nyyutNWdB9cOzqmiiiQxC0oXMNGP7d&bclid=2204845638001&bctid=3878525144001

http://eranraviv.com/multiple-testing/

http://www.financial-math.org/

see also David H. Bailey, Jonathan M. Borwein, Marcos Lopez de Prado and Qiji Jim Zhu, “Pseudo-mathematics and financial charlatanism: The effects of backtest over fitting on out-of-sample performance,” Notices of the American Mathematical Society, May 2014, pg. 458-471

Can you introduce the measure probability of backtest overfitting ??

Krzysztof

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133312

I know how to test the indicators and we done it in the way you describe, not only for MT4 but for all the platforms. You don’t need to teach me these things.

All the indicators will have open source in new SQ 4, and also all their tests will be public, so you’ll be able to see it then.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

krzysiaczek99

Visit profile

8 years ago #133317

I know how to test the indicators and we done it in the way you describe, not only for MT4 but for all the platforms. You don’t need to teach me these things.

All the indicators will have open source in new SQ 4, and also all their tests will be public, so you’ll be able to see it then.

Great

donpedro

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133349

after attempt of create a new topic in Quant Analyzer section i’m getting ‘page not found’ error. See screenshot.

Krzysztof

Hi,

I still can not post a new topic. All the time the same error ‘page not found’ I cleaned all cookies from this site, change the browser etc but it don’t help

Krzysztof

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133383

Do you still experiencing the error? Do you just click on “Start New Topic” in Quant Analyzer – General Discussion and this happens?

krzysiaczek99

Visit profile

8 years ago #133652

Do you still experiencing the error? Do you just click on “Start New Topic” in Quant Analyzer – General Discussion and this happens?

Yes, still ‘page not found error’.

Krzysztof

krzysiaczek99

Visit profile

8 years ago #136694

So when SQ 4 with all those features will be out ??

Krzysztof

Viewing 6 replies - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

1 2 3