Problem with BBWidth ratio

7 replies

thanitp

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114869

Hello,

I got a strategy which utilizes bbwidthratio as a part of the stop price for entry (as well as for setting up trailing stop). When I tested on MT4, there was no trade.

I am sure I got a right indicator since it was the one I directly obtained from this forum. However, what I am really confused now is that when I opened it in MT4, the value did show something around hundreds (or even just tens), while, as everybody would be aware of, EURUSD rate is 1.xx. Therefore, when it was used to multiply to a price, it led to a way off value.

For example, if the rule is buy stop at close[1] + 0.4 * BBwidth, and if close[1] is 1.0000 and BBwidth is somehow 200, then it would try to open at 1 + 0.4*200 = 1 + 80 = 81, which is impossible.

In brief, I know the cause of the error, but I became confused about this indicator. Is this a correct version, or did I do something wrong? Thanks! 

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135773

Copy all files inside your “SQ\custom_indicators\mt4\indicators”

into the MT4 folder where the indicators are..

try again.

thanitp

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135784

Copy all files inside your “SQ\custom_indicators\mt4\indicators”

into the MT4 folder where the indicators are..

try again.

Hi. I have tried that to no avail. It still tried to open orders at ridiculous prices like 79.86979 for EURUSD. Again, this is because the width ratio indicator value was in this range and used directly in teh calculation. What should I do?

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135786

.., i think that question will be answered by Thomas / Mark, personally i don’t BB Width + Day OHLC + Pivots + some more stuff..

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135794

Hi. I have tried that to no avail. It still tried to open orders at ridiculous prices like 79.86979 for EURUSD. Again, this is because the width ratio indicator value was in this range and used directly in teh calculation. What should I do?

Hello, can you attach the strategy or send to [email protected]? I can test it to find where the problem could be

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135861

Almost all of my strategies which I am trading live since a year use BBWidthRatio for the breakouts, e.g. Buy at “Highest(64) + 0.2 * BBWidthRatio(blah blah)”. They work just fine in MT4 and live trading and exactly like in SQ. Also make sure you´ve copied the “BBandWidthRatio.mq4” from “…\StrategyQuant\custom_indicators\mt4\indicators” to “…\MetaTrader\MQL4\Indicators” and overwrite any existing ones! Then re-compile it in Metateditor. That must fix your problem really. If not, there is something wrong with your strategy and you should post the entry rule using the BBWidthRatio indicators here at least.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #135864

Almost all of my strategies which I am trading live since a year use BBWidthRatio for the breakouts, e.g. Buy at “Highest(64) + 0.2 * BBWidthRatio(blah blah)”. They work just fine in MT4 and live trading and exactly like in SQ. Also make sure you´ve copied the “BBandWidthRatio.mq4” from “…\StrategyQuant\custom_indicators\mt4\indicators” to “…\MetaTrader\MQL4\Indicators” and overwrite any existing ones! Then re-compile it in Metateditor. That must fix your problem really. If not, there is something wrong with your strategy and you should post the entry rule using the BBWidthRatio indicators here at least.

Highlighted in red, That must be the problem.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138489

I’m seeing this in MT4 journal:

2016.07.25 14:20:07.929    BBandWidthRatio GBPUSD,M5: indicator is too slow, 1500 ms. rewrite the indicator, please

Anyone else seen this before?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)