CPU Utilization

4 replies

modo777

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115510

Hi there,

I have set the number of threads to use in Tools/Performance section of SQ to the max but when generating strategies my CPU utilisation is only 10-15%. My machine has 24 threads so it appears to be just idling alone when using say Random Generation.

Is there a way to configure SQ to use more of my CPU capacity or do I need to run multiple instance of SQ to maximise resource utilization?

I’â„¢m good with the RAM setting and use the .bat file to set RAM and that works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139138

okjacek1

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139869

Hi,

I have a problem with using all or nearly all RAM by SQ during building strategies (using genetic formula). My computer is: Socket LGA1155 MSI Z77A-G43 and processor Intel Core i 5 2470 3.20 GHz LGA1155 and I have 16 GB RAM.

Thanks to information from this forum using the formula StrategyQuant64.exe -J-server -J-Xmx16g I made all my RAM memory available for SQ.

My problem is that during building the strategies (for H1 TF, using tick data) it used to use up to 6 GB RAM but now when I open SQ and start building strategies it starts from using 5 GB RAM and after couple of minutes it decreases only to 1-2 GB of RAM from 16. My 16 GB RAM is visible by my computer in SQ program. I know that during building the strategies the SQ should use about 70% of available RAM memory and during WFM tests up to 90-95%. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was seraching for my problem solution on this forum but I did not find answer or suggestions.

Thank you in advance for Your help. I would be very grateful for any advices or suggestions which will make strategies generating proces and using RAM faster.

Best regards,

Jacek

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139903

okjacek1

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 5 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139908

Thank you for your reply.

I will try it out… .

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)