Best way to convert from MT4 to MT5?

4 replies

Simon

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236608

Hi All,

Just checking if anyone have experience in converting some strategy created using SQ3 for MT4 for use on MT5 system?

Regards,

Simon

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236621

Hello,

you can open str files in SQX and export as an MT5 EA … to convert mq4 to mq5 you can use tools available around https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179991

Simon

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236640

Thanks for your reply tomas262!

I do have the str file from SQ3, but the parameters are not optimized.

I have been doing the walk forward matrix and getting those recommended parameter values at the end, export a mq4 file, and manually input them in using Metaeditor on the MT4 platform.

If I use SQX to export MT5 EA, the parameters seems different to SQ3 exported to MT4 EA.

Is there a way to modify the str file on SQ3 to have the optimized value? (so I can use the same file in SQX and do a straight export to MT5 format?)

Thanks in advance!

Simon

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236645

You have to manually edit the parameters in retester there is a option available for that in SQ3.

BobFrancis

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 11 replies.

Visit profile

2 weeks ago #286552

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>To convert from MT4 to MT5, start by installing the MT5 platform from the official website, such as DedicatedCore.com. Back up your MT4 data including charts, templates, profiles, indicators, and EAs. Convert your custom indicators and EAs. Import your templates, profiles, and historical data into MT5. Thoroughly test your setup in a demo account to ensure everything works correctly, familiarize yourself with MT5’s new features, and seek support from DedicatedCore.com. They will solve each and every problem instantly.</span>

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)