Problems generating strategies on USD100 (NASDAQ)

2 replies

Lorenzo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 15 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285412

Hello everyone,

after spending some time generating, testing and using on live accounts with some success, I would like to start producing strategies on stock indices such as USD100 (Nasdaq). The workflow I use is similar to those used in Forex, but the.strstegies produce orders with very tight stop losses and take profits, preventing them from being effective and exiting the trade immediately.

What could I provide as guidance to help me understand where I am going wrong?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285447

Hi,

do you mean that strategies behave differently in MetaTrader? It is very likely caused by different instrument settings in MetaTrader compared to SQX enviroment. You need to either modify the setting in SQX to match your broker or actively use the UseSQTickSize parameter enabled together with the MainChartTickSize

Lorenzo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 15 replies.

Visit profile

2 months ago #285475

Hi @Tomas262,
Yes, I would say that the behaviour of strategies compiled in MT5, once sent to execution on VPS, is absolutely inconsistent. Orders are sent with “stunted” stop losses and take profits which result in
almost immediate closure.
Forgive me, it is not clear to me where I should set the parameters you mentioned. Are they from Strategy Quant X? One question, why is it that when trading Forex currencies I do not experience any problems and do not have to make any
particular settings when exporting from SQX to MQ5?
The behaviour I absolutely get wrong: I enter the market and almost immediately exit due to incorrect S/L and T/P management, leading to 99% losses and 1% of cases to negligible profits.

One last question when working on stock indices what is the preferred setting: “for forex”, “for futures” or “for stockpicker”?

In addition to thanking you for your very kind reply, I would like to thank you for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)