We have added several new indicators and snippets to the sharing server in recent months. In today’s blog post, we’ll briefly go through each of them. Z – Score …
New StrategyQuant build 136 is out!
We are thrilled to announce that we released new StrategyQuant build 136. It includes a range of new and improved features.
One of the most exciting new additions is the Stockpicker engine, which allows users to create strategies that trade on groups of stocks, such as whole indexes like the S&P 500. We’ve also introduced the Single-asset Cloud Strategy engine, which allows users to create the same types of strategies for a single symbol, tradable on the AlgoWizard cloud.
In addition to these new engines, we’ve also released a completely redesigned version of the AW Editor in SQ. This new version was rewritten from scratch for maintainability and performance reasons, and it includes a range of new features such as support for multiple files open at the same time and improved work with Random groups and Custom blocks.
Other notable improvements in this update include automatic reloading of the SQX UI after snippet recompilation, the ability to access non-protected history data from snippets through the HistoryDataLoader class, and the addition of new Monte Carlo methods to randomize history OHLC prices.
You can find complete list of improvements and fixes here: https://strategyquant.com/whatsnew/
How can you start with StockPicking trading?
We have created an introductory course which will guide you through the first steps with this exciting new trading method. To access it just log-in at strategyquant.com website and continue to the course available in your user’s dashboard: https://strategyquant.com/7-1-stockpicking/
(Backtest of the one of the strategies available in the course)
StrategyQuant is the first publicly available software that can generate StockPicking strategies using genetic algorithms without any coding. It is a new functionality, so there might still be some bugs. If you find any problems please report them into our bug reporting system here: https://roadmap.strategyquant.com or just let us know by email and we will check it.
We are also working on new education materials, strategy examples and workflows which can help you create your StockPicking strategies.
How to trade StockPicking strategies?
This type of strategy that trades a big group of stocks is difficult to trade automatically – with the exception of custom Python scripting it is virtually impossible to implement in classic trading platforms like MetaTrader or MultiChart. This is why we are developing a brand new cloud trading platform which will make trading them easy.
Our Cloud Trader platform is still in development, with the expected release in the first quarter of 2023. You can try Beta version here: beta.algowizard.io
You can also find a lesson where we are showing how to deploy StockPicking strategy live in our new course.
How to upgrade to the newest StrategyQuant X 136 ?
You will need to perform a new installation of the StrategyQuant in order to run SQX Build 136.
Because the changes of new SQ X are significant, we have decided to disable auto updater and release it as a ZIP file to protect your work in the previous stable release 135.
- Download the latest zip file from this location: https://strategyquant.com/download/
- Create a new folder, for example StrategyQuantX136
- Unzip the zip file into this folder
- Start SQ X using StrategyQuantX.exe file.
Note: If you want to uninstall the old version of SQ X, please just delete the SQ X 135 install folder. SQ X does not use Windows registry
It might happen that you will be asked for the license reset after running the new version of StrategyQuant X. You can do it by yourself in your user’s dashboard at https://strategyquant.com/account/
How to migrate the downloaded price data from the older StrategyQuant X version to the newest one
- Make sure that SQ X 135 and 136 is closed
- We recommending to delete the data folder in the 136 version first, before you start with migration process, please delete the data folder in SQ X 136
- Before you start migrating process please delete data folder in the new build 136 (StrategyQuantInstallationFolder/user/data)
- Copy the data folder from OldStrategyQuantXinstallationFolder/user/data to NewStrategyQuant136InstallaionFolder/user/data
- Start SQ X build 136
How to migrate custom blocks and random groups from the older SQ X version to the newest one
- In the old version of StrategyQuant open AlgoWizard – CustomBlocks screen and click “Export” button and save exported file to your computer
- In the new StrategyQuant use the same screen for importing saved file back into StrategyQuant
- You can use the same approach for the Random groups functionality.
How to migrate custom projects
- Make sure that SQ X 135 and 136 is closed
- Copy custom projects from the OldStrategyQuantInstallationfolder/user/projects and paste them into NewStrategyQuantInstallationFolder/user/projects
- Run new StrategyQuant X. The project will be loaded.