Displaying Indicator Angle on chart

6 replies

ianm

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

10 years ago #111676

I am using a condition of the Indicator Angle of an EMA being above a certain angle, say 30.

Is there any way of displaying on a chart either the current Indicator Angle or alternatively just a symbol showing whether the condition is true or false?

pipnotic

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132142

I am also looking for an answer to this question!

I need to compare the numerical values given by the EMA Indicator Angle function with the visual Indicator curve in the chart, so as to be able to establish the appropriate values for my strategy! 🙂

Another option could be to save on disk the value of this Indicator Angle at the open of every N number of candles, for example. But how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for the help! 🙂

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132169

You are bit limited using Wizard here. I would setting parameter like “AngleThreshold” with value 30 for example and a condition: if current EMA angle > AngleThreshold draw arrow up. When you add EMA into your chart you will also have bars marked with arrow so can can have a little idea about how to apply indicator angle function in your strategy

pipnotic

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 6 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132173

Thanks for your reply, Tomas, I will try that out! 🙂

cfred15

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133494

Hello,  I’ve a question on this topic.

How does EA Wizard measure angle? From a vertical line in a clockwise direction? From a horizontal line?

I am wanting to  build an indicator which signals “peaks” and “valleys”. Here is what I did.

Thanks

cFred15

cfred15

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133672

Hello,  I’ve a question on this topic.

How does EA Wizard measure angle? From a vertical line in a clockwise direction? From a horizontal line?

I am wanting to  build an indicator which signals “peaks” and “valleys”. Here is what I did.

Thanks

cFred15

Whoops! I left out the file.

Thanks,  Cfred15

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133693

It’s measured from a horizontal line but from what I have tested, to me its not too much accurate.

The indicator angle that you see on the screen depends on the scale of the chart and timeframe, it is not possible to recognize this all by EA.
The good Coefficient value for all price indicators like EMA, Bollinger Bands, etc. is 0.00005 (0.005 for JPY-based pairs).

You can store calculated angle into a variable and then print to to log to see the actual values. ..

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)