Brokers using Fractional Pips

4 replies

Chorlton

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #112266

Hello,

When setting a stop loss in EA Wizard do I need to adjust the figure depending on whether my broker uses normal 2 / 4 decimal places or 3 / 5 decimal places (fractional pips)?

Is there code already built into EA Wizard to deal with this or do I need to add some extra code myself or change the stop loss amount?

Thanks in advance,
Chorlton

Chorlton

Visit profile

9 years ago #124958

Just wanted to bump this up in case someone who can answer (such as Mark) missed it……

Cheers…

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #124977

Hello,

this is already handled in EA Wizard, ti will properly work with 4 and 5 digit brokers.

So you don’t need to do anything and use pips without needing to care who your broker is.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Chorlton

Visit profile

9 years ago #124990

Hello,

this is already handled in EA Wizard, ti will properly work with 4 and 5 digit brokers.

So you don’t need to do anything and use pips without needing to care who your broker is.

Thanks Mark… that’s good news…..

I asked, as I have read on many forums that additional code is required in order to check the number of decimal places of a price and adjust the pip values accordingly. eg. with a 5 decimal price of 1.12345, the correct pip value is 4.5 is provided rather than 45

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #125037

as I said this is handled properly in EA Wizard, pip value of 4 will be always 0.0004 (for non-JPY currencies) doesn’t matter if you use 4 or 5 digit broker.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)