How to use this indicator for stop loss

4 replies

kamyar

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #113319

hi guys i bought the strategy quant and so far it works like a charm 

but i have a problem i don’t know how can i use out put of an custom indicator for SL

i attach the indicator to this post

the indicator has two types of output one which shows the value of HH (higher high) and LH(lower high) which i want to use as SL for short trades

and the other shows LL(Lower Low) and HL(Higher Low) which i want to use as Sl for long trades

but i can’t use it in special formula part of SL i want to know whether there is an alternative to this 

oh and there is another problem it only sjows the value only on the candle that it appears i want to know how can i use it as SL

thanks

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 715 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #128779

If the SL wont work its probably the indicator’s outputs. I don’t know though, so make sure your EA is all correct.

Here is a custom Zigzag indicator you can use. You can adjust its settings so its very senstive to HH/LH LL/HL. It’s output works properly for EAs.

The outputs are self-explanatory. It gives you SL levels. Take a look.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 715 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #128780

Your indi has 2 outputs: g_ibuf_76, g_ibuf_80.
Experiment with it. One should be lows, 1 should be highs.

For SL you select the indicator in EA wizard, and in the box you will see “outputs”. Select the output you want.

kamyar

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #128809

thanks but that didn’t answer my question at all

what i’m sying is that i uploaded it in metatrader but i can’t access it when i want to use it as stop loss formula

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #128815

do you mean you cannot access it in EA Wizard?

You have to add this custom indicator to EA Wizard, please check the documentation:

https://strategyquant.com/eawizard/tutorial_custom_indicators

Or the generated EA cannot use it?

This would mean that the indicator is not properly installed in MetaTrader, make sure you can see it in Custom Indicators. Check MT4 help or google if you have problems with this.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)