EA from MT4 to SQ

7 replies

ivolux

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113425

Hi. 

Is it possible to load my existing MT4 EA to SQ to optimise it?

Thanks

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129172

no, this is not possible. SQ supports only strategies created in StrategyQuant.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

bentra

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130056

Although, converting your ea to a custom indicator and then importing that in to SQ may be usefull I think…. (?)

May all your fits be loose.

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SUG.4.2/

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130061

You can’t import indicators into SQ either, you can only import indicator values.

I think you are confusing what SQ is. It generates strategies, it does not consume them or import them.

PS You can use MT4 to backtest and optimise an existing EA, although the MT4 backtester has many limitations.

bentra

Visit profile

8 years ago #130071

You can’t import indicators into SQ either, you can only import indicator values.

I think you are confusing what SQ is. It generates strategies, it does not consume them or import them.

PS You can use MT4 to backtest and optimise an existing EA, although the MT4 backtester has many limitations.

??? I mean you could split your ea in to 1 or more custom indicators and pre-compute several sets of data for each of those and then import that indicator data in to SQ to have SQ generate strats and you may end up with something better than the original ea.

Certainly not confused about what SQ is and I would say it’s so much more than just generating strats. (How would any application ever “consume” strats?) 

PS really???? you can back test with MT4???? who knew???

bentra

Visit profile

8 years ago #130072

I would be interested in using the walk forward matrix optimizations from SQ on pre-existing EA and I can’t be the only one thinking this regardless of whether its primary purpose is generating strats or not. the optimizer of SQ is very useful.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130074

How can SQ optimise an EA that it has no visibility of?

You really think SQ can optimise your EA by splitting into indicators (which in itself is meaningless)….

Which bit of:

Is not clear?

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130076

I would be interested in using the walk forward matrix optimizations from SQ on pre-existing EA and I can’t be the only one thinking this regardless of whether its primary purpose is generating strats or not. the optimizer of SQ is very useful.

SQ generates strategies from a very specific SQ template.

EA cans be coded an infinite # of ways & styles. It would be incredibly difficult, perhaps somewhat impossible, to verse engineer just any or every EA.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)