Setting up Trading Hours

3 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113441

Attn: Could someone please clarify a quick question about trading hours.. 

Since i trade on multiple platforms with brokers and some of their chart times are different, do i have to create an EA with certain time parameters to fit each platform?

How do i fully set up my trade times to trade between?

The reason i ask is b/c if i make them in the IF section of the EA then the time i put may not be the same time as my broker i add it to for the platform. So i was trying to figure out how to set it up in my Strategy Parameters so when i add to chart i can set the chart/broker times to correlate for that ea on that platform and if i decide to take that ea to another platform with different hours i can then edit it in my strategy parameters when loading ea onto chart to reflect their time. 

Your clarification/help is greatly appreciated in advance. 

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129272

yes, the time you configure in EA is the broker time, it is dependent on the time settings of your broker.

So if you’ll set for example

Hour > 15

this means that it is true when Hour is grearer than 15 in broker time (the time you see in MetatTrader chart), not your local time.

If you want to use your EA with multiple brokers it is better to put these time constants to variables and not use fixed numbers. Then you can set them as EA parameters when you are attaching EA to the chart.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

9 years ago #129382

Mark,

I have attached a strategy i created to test out the trading times. When i attach the EA to the chart is when i set the broker time, but its not working. Could you please quickly review the attached strategy and let me know where i went wrong?

Its just a quick if EMA 10 is greater than EMA 20 then go LONG and vice versa for short. I set the start and end time with variable so i can input it when attaching to chart but i tried and doesn’t execute trade. Your help is appreciated. Thanks

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

9 years ago #129409

Spent a good amount of hours but i think i go it. Thanks for the help, hopefully im not too much of a pain. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)