Not logged in
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • #113766 |
    Customer
    27 Posts

It is possible, while creating the strategy through SQ, insert a control on the spread, like: if the EA meets a spread (in the real market: depending on the broker) more than 3 pips do not open any positions yet?

Best Regards

Customer
    557 Posts

No, SQ doesn’t do this.  One reason is that, unless you are loading real tick data that has the correct variable spread, the spread is fixed in SQ.  I’m guesisng most users are loading 1minute bar data, which being a OHLC bar, loses the variable tick-by-tick spread.

It is very easy to add this restriction to the resulting EA (MQ4 code) though and backtest in MetaTrader as long as you are using Birt’s Tick Data Suite with real variable spread.

Maybe you could request this as a feature in SQ4 though?

Customer
    27 Posts

Hi Mikeyc,

thank for your reply.

Yes, i agree with you for: 

Maybe you could request this as a feature in SQ4 though?

I hope that Mark insert this feature in SQ4, maybe to be inserted after the code has been drafted by Genetic / Casual Builder.

Best Regards

1559 Posts

Hi,

even if you have tick data available you still cannot see the market depth – the best ask/bid prices to determine bid-ask spread at any moment. Tick data just represents executed trades. I think the only way is to add a condition to your final strategy code to prevent trading when spread is too wide. This is pretty simple

Customer
    27 Posts

Thanks to all for the reply

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.