Stop Loss based on minutes

3 replies

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113852

How do I tell the program if after say 12 minutes if my profit target wasn’t hit then exit at whatever the market it?

I know you can exit after a bar but im looking to just exit after a certain amount of minutes. Is there a way to do that? Also if there is a way to code it to exit after 12 minutes or 14 minutes, I still want to be able to also put a pip stop loss in there to catch any huge sudden moves if its within the stop loss exit time I choose.

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130954

create variable “entrytime”

When your order is opened:
Assign variable “entrytime” timecurrent

New rule

if
order position is long/short
and timecurrent >= “entrytime”+12 minutes

then
exit

That would be the logic. The coding, basically identical.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130983

Ryan,

let me know in case you are struggling making this in EA Wizard

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131143

Tomas,

Thanks for your response. Just getting back from vacation and about to start back on the grind. Do you guys just deal with Strategy Quant or do ya’ll also partner with others or groups? The reason I ask is I am looking for someone with loyalty to help grow our brand. We have done well for the last year and 1/2 but this volatility has really shook up the business. I would really like someone on our team that knows the ins and outs of the automated business well. The potential is unlimited with growth with company if can prove self worth. If its something you or your team may be interested in we can chat via phone. If not its fine, I still appreciate the continued support you guys help me with.

Thanks,

Ryan  Brignac

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)