Not logged in
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums>StrategyQuant (formerly named Genetic Builder)>Pre-Sales Questions>Has anyone successfully generated Non Forex based EA's?

• #113871 | Reply
    Customer
    6 Posts

After having a sizable account eliminated in three minutes when the Swiss National Bank removed the currency peg in January I have turned my thoughts to EA’s based on stocks and indices.  So far I have not read of anyone who has been successful in this area in this forum.  One member posed the question recently but did not receive any comments and issued a statement awhile later stating that they assumed that the answer was zero.

I will ask again.  Has anyone been successful using Strategy Quant in developing successful EA’s based on anything other than Forex.  If so, could you please describe your experiences.

#131062 Reply
    Customer
    116 Posts

I’ve found what I think is a very good strategy for gold but have only just put it on a live account.

#131082 Reply
    Customer
    6 Posts

Hi:

Thanks for the response.  You are the only one.  I received a message from Marc Fric saying that the vast majority of members of the forum are Forex oriented.  He suggested that I open a new thread for non Forex interested members.  If there is an interest please respond and maybe we can open some dialogue.

#131083 Reply
    Customer
    116 Posts

I’m definitely interested, would love to create some index EAs as well.

#131086 Reply
    Customer
    935 Posts

I’m very interested in index, metals and energy based strategies.  Not tried generating any yet though.

#131088 Reply
    Customer
    164 Posts

Non Forex Thread Sounds good

Anonymous
    #131090 Reply
    328 Posts

I know a CTA (based in Spain) and they are actively using SQ for major world equity/bond index futures

Anonymous
    #131229 Reply
    328 Posts

Can you share more information about the CTA in Spain regarding how they use the tools

#131471 Reply
    Customer
    21 Posts

I’m also interested I trade on IC Markets and I can trade CFDs like US30, WTI and BRENT oil. Would be great we can share hints about it. 🙂

#201001 Reply
    Customer
    3 Posts

Anyone know what the data manager settings should be for a IG Markets MetaTrader?

#201002 Reply
    tomas262
    Administrator
    853 Posts

Hello,

what symbol (market) do you refer to?

#201010 Reply
    Customer
    520 Posts

BTCUSD

Most Brokers offer Bitcoin

I found historical data about bitcoin and a tool to import this data in metatrader

I will try next bitcoin.

————-

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/3704#!tab=comments

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160791.0

#201011 Reply
    Customer
    3 Posts

(Answer to tomas262)

The symbol in IG Market is “UKOIL”. But it is the same as Brent Crude Oil.

Since this is a CFD I guess the point value etc isn’t the same as the normal symbol. Also it isn’t exactly the same as the oil that is being traded on CME or ICE.

I have attached a screen shoot from IG Markets together with the spec.

As you can see on the screen shoot the price, when I write this, was 64.3740. This might look strange since Brent Crude Oil normally only have 2 decimals…

I did a test trade to see what one (1) lot would do in price: I bought at 64.5290 and sold at 64.3820. The loss on that trade was -127.08
    (In my account it is traded in EURO)

I hope this will make my original question a little clearer 🙂

Best Regards,
    Peter

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Peter.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #201022 Reply
    tomas262
    Administrator
    853 Posts

Hello,

in this case I suggest to use point value = 1000, pip size = 0.01 and minimum step = 0.0001

to all: for futures fans, CME now introduces Bitcoin futures 🙂 http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/bitcoin-futures.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Has anyone successfully generated Non Forex based EA's?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: