Importing tick data – real spread

7 replies

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113904

Hi,

So far I’ve only been importing M1 bars into SQ3.

Anyone who has imported real tick data, please tell me:

1. Is the spread in the bid and ask prices used (real spread), or the default spread entered when the symbol was added? 
  2. If I’ve already imported M1 bars for a symbol, can I now import tick data?
  3. If a symbol already has M1 bar data and I import tick data, which one is used for M1 and above timeframes, the tick data or the M1 bars?

Thanks,

Mike

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131169

1. Is the spread in the bid and ask prices used (real spread), or the default spread entered when the symbol was added? 
  2. If I’ve already imported M1 bars for a symbol, can I now import tick data?
  3. If a symbol already has M1 bar data and I import tick data, which one is used for M1 and above timeframes, the tick data or the M1 bars?

1, bid ask is used.
2, Why don’t you just create another symbol called “EURUSD_tick” and import it there and you’ll have both. Otherwise you can delete your M1 data and import the tick data, you can still test on m1 data, SQ automatically converts to any timeframe as you know.
3, you cannot import both and have both in 1 symbol. Read #2. If you import tick, all timeframes will be recalculated from tick. Bid ask will only be used if you select precision testing: real tick.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131170

Thanks, I will add it as a new symbol (with the Tick suffix like you suggest).

Cheers,

Mike

Keelan E Brettner

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 12 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280274

i tried but cannot get it, trades never the same to SQ backtest… via mt5

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280279

Hi Keelan, what markets do you test?

Keelan E Brettner

Visit profile

1 year ago #280308

<span class=”elementToProof”>eurusd, gold, audnzd for now but really trying to get something with limit orders on eurusd scalper type, my broker is 0 spread 1$ comms perlot. thanks</span>

Keelan E Brettner

Visit profile

1 year ago #280309

Hi Keelan, what markets do you test?

add me on telegram @keezilla or +61458432952 wapp thanks bro

Keelan E Brettner

Visit profile

1 year ago #280318

Hi mate where do I reply ? I’m trying eurusd 1m atm don’t want to go to other pairs until I get this right. I imported tick data from mt5 broctogon prime or fusion markets. Then I tried with and without commissions , hardly get any results . I’m using gmt 2+ dst no for fusion and dst yes for broctogon. Maybe you can remote in and have a look, I’m in Australia so off to bed now. Any help would be appreciated as I’ve been trying for 3 weeks with no luck

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)