Ninjatrader: Strategy import

4 replies

Tradine

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 27 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113942

Hi, 

I´m new with the ninjatrader and it seems I don´t understand the export/import process from SQ to NT. 

• If I try to export the strategy from SQ I´ll get a .txt file. I can´t import it to NT because I can only import NinjaScript Archiv Files. 
  • I I try it with copy the  SQ-code manually into a new manually generated NT-strategy I´ll get the failure on the picture.

What should I do to fix this problems?

Thanks a lot!

File: 1.PNG1.PNG

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131317

You have to add some stuff into your NinjaTrader installation to successfully compile and run the NinjaScript strategy generated by StrategyQuant.

See and follow section 7.11 in StrategyQuant User Guide here https://strategyquant.com/licenses/d?code=squg

Tradine

Visit profile

8 years ago #131375

Thank you, Tomas!

I´ve done this steps from the User Guide once again but there is the same error message as before if I copy the strategy code from SQ into a new NT strategy an compile it.

What can I do now? 

I´d like to test the strategies in Ninjatrader as soon as possible…  😀

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131483

Have you managed to get it work? If not have you followed steps described in guide?

See screenshot attached

When you are done importing scripts you just follow steps shown on page 124 of the guide

Tradine

Visit profile

8 years ago #132556

Sorry for the late answer. 

I´ve done all the steps from the guide. But it is not working till now.

And I´m thinking about to still use the mt4 in the next year and switching later on the Tradestation directly. On the Tradestation it is easier to code some simple algos parallel to the SQ things. So in the moment the NT is not really important for me anymore. 

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)