Weight of logic operators

9 replies

gentmat

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 234 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113982

I tried many times to give weight for the logic operator && . i gave 10 , 20 , 50 whatsoever 

but the strategies that were created ignored the && and was just simple . is that a bug ? 

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131498

Not as far as I know.  The way to test it is to give the operator and very high weight and don’t put any criteria on the data bank results.  You will probably find the operator being used on a very unprofitable strategy. 

From what I’ve found over a long period of time, is most indicators are worse than useless.

gentmat

Visit profile

8 years ago #131499

most indicators are worse than useless.

Thank you mikeyc but i dont understand your point of view ! If most are usueless than what do you use ! candlestick only ? (it seems to me pretty useless too ) .. 

Momentum indicators only ? as they dont lag ( they dont work in trend ) .. All others are just laging indicators  .. But thats all about tech analysis trading .

Can you explain your discovery maybe we can learn what you think is good way and make sense of such logic

Thank you

Maroun 

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131501

Okay, maybe I should put a bit of detail. 

SQ contains quite a lot of indicators.  I have found that most strategies just need a momentum oscillator and some moving average and maybe a channel like Bollinger or Keltner.  So just select those and ignore all the other QQE, Ichimoko, ADX, PSAR, etc, they never seem to add anything.

I don’t think the candlestick patterns work either.  Maybe on daily, but i haven’t really looked at the very high timeframe strategies.

gentmat

Visit profile

8 years ago #131508

Now i understand you , your right 100% .. anyway most indicators are just moving average (averaged or multiplied) . in the other hand these indicators that you named doesnt make the procedure slow . the most once are the following : 

BBands, Keltner Adds around 10% .

Hr range Highest and lowest ( Make the search slower by 25- 30%).

Move to stop Loss , And profit trailing ( Slow it down around 25%) .

These function is java are the once taking the most part of cpu process ( Mark correct me if i am wrong ) . but from my dev experience i can see that these function are the most functions that are making the difference . 

Adding Psar or adx is really not going to add up or slow down ms . 

NOTE : It is well knows that a Java button or Lable takes processing 100 x times then a normal non graphic calculation 

I hope MARK will do us a checkbox where we can disable the lable text updating info and the log , so when checkbox is disable there is no GUI update cause that will make huge difference by theory . 

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131530

Just want to say- ADX is useless in SQ because SQ doesn’t know how to use it. Its very popular with professional money managers and I use it very often in EA Wizard. Its the most powerful measure of trend strength or identifying range-bound markets. If SQ had a simple rule for “if ADX(14) < 20" it would find a lot of strategies. That's  why SQ4 customization is very exciting. We'll finally be able to use the RSI for oversold/bought and many other indicators more intelligently.

gentmat

Visit profile

8 years ago #131532

I thought SQ have ADX(14) < 20 and such rules and rsi OS/OB but it will find it by luck not be the intention of mean reversion strategy ! No ? 

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #131542

It is possible, and all the other components of the strategy must aline. If you’re doing a generation with the settings I sent you, its 1/10000000000000000 chance (probably less) because of sheer randomness with all the other combinations together. “Smart” searches will greatly improve effectiveness of certain indicators.

I don’t think SQ has a symmetric component built in for RSI Oversold/Overbought so you will never see it happen.

The symmetric equation for it is RSI[14] (50+/- 25).
25 being the optimizable variable and this equation goes for any OS/OB indicator. There are many. I don’t think SQ has it built in, and I don’t think even on sheer randomness it is possible. If it is, we’re talking about astronomical odds against you.

gentmat

Visit profile

8 years ago #131543

True not i got you so in SQ4 we can make it smarter by defining each indicator how to behave or at least what to use ..

Mark said it will be plugins but i cant imagine the power of such thing before testing its logic  . 

Damn forex i wish i never learn it . so much thinking

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #131544

I hope this will be a customizable part of SQ4.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)