Possibility to import backtests from a database

6 replies

tradersdelightsystems

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 5 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114096

I am working on a mysql database where I want to store backtest results (mt4) and account history. I plan to update the backtests in the database in a recuring interval, like every week or so.

It would be a huge timesaver if there would not be the need to run a full backtest for system, to create a new mt4 report and import it into Quant Analyzer. Also I could easily compare backtest and livetrading results of a system.

Kind Regards,

Simon

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132211

I am not sure I understand. You could export updated trading results from your mysql table and import into Analyzer. Just keep the right format of the data

tradersdelightsystems

Visit profile

8 years ago #132223

Thanks for the answer! Where can I find details about the right format of data? Can the scripter be used to connect to a mysql database and write a kind of custom query tool? How would I automatically import backtest results into Quant Analyzer?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132259

If you work with MT4 reports then keep MT4 report format for QA input

tradersdelightsystems

Visit profile

8 years ago #132297

Sorry, but that is excatly the opposite, of that what I want to do. I want to AVOID using MT4 Reports and retrieve the data from my database instead. Why don’t you implement a csv import/export feature with a general format? If I remember right, that even was possible in the last version of your software (EA Analyzer).

whatscritical

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 7 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132419

Any update on the ability to import format? I use Metastock for developing systems and backtesting – I am not comfortable with the backtesting functionality of Metatrader.

I would like to take the trade data from Metastock then import via a csv file into Quant Analyzer.

Thanks – Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132451

I will check MetaStock to see what can be done here

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)