running live EA

7 replies

munchie

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 63 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114111

hi guys,

was just wondering whether you need to add to underlying indicator to MT4 in order to run the EA created by SQ? i.e if its a boillinger band trading EA, do you need to run bollinger band indicator on MT4?

thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132239

Yes, MetaTrader does need to have indicator included. I see no problem with Bollinger Bands.

munchie

Visit profile

8 years ago #132241

hi tomas, thanks. 

so in order to live trade with a bollinger band EA, i would need to add the bollinger band indicator with its specific settings to the MT4 chart? just to clarify.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132242

No, EA calculates indicator values “internally” for itself. But you can add it manually to be visually oriented and see where to expect your signal etc …

munchie

Visit profile

8 years ago #132243

ahh lovely, thats wonderful. just needed to clarify this as i was unsure if i actually needed to add it to chart. if it calculates it internally then that is fine. much appreciated Tomas.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132299

Well Tomas, you are missing the internal indicators SQ brings along for MT4, he needs to copy those to the MT4 directory too.

Place all the files from …..\StrategyQuant\custom_indicators\mt4\indicators to …\Metatrader\MQL4\Indicators (or wherever you current MQL4 session directory is (start MT4 and click “Open Data Folder”) and you are set. All you need to do now is to attach your EA to the (correct timeframe) chart and let it trade.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132590

Yes, MetaTrader does need to have indicator included. I see no problem with Bollinger Bands.

Is there any possibility that SQ can “deploy” indicator or have it impelented into file when export to mq4 file?

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #132718

Adrian,

if you mean built-in custom indicator available in SQ then you have to copy them manually into your MetaTrader installation folder /MT4/Indicators/ as is mentioned in previous post

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)