Stopping Optimizer when using real tick data takes a long time

5 replies

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114202

Hi,

When optimising using real tick data (which takes a very long time even with fast i7), if you press the stop button, and log says “Stopping….” the actual time it takes to stop the optimisation can be frustratingly long.  Same with tick simulation, but nowhere near as bad as real tick testing.

In SQ4 would it be possible to stop the threads more quickly if the stop button is pressed. It’s like it waiting for all the threads to complete what they are doing, even though the user wants to stop, and this can take many many minutes.

Thanks,

Mike

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132655

You can just close SQ and re-open it, that is faster and does the same:)

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132885

Are there no lingering files that cause long term problems by closing the app?  (some apps leave temp files, or other things that start to slow down the computer).  

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132889

You can just close SQ and re-open it, that is faster and does the same:)

Except it loses all unsaved data and you have to start again.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132913

Terminate it via process manager. Most of time i can reload data but sometimes it is risky

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133119

Yes, Clonex has right.

But indeed also Mikey has right. Time is very flustrating there, because algorithms has to pass to some period (i don’t know, a every 100?) to stop whole proccess.

Best idea is to install and run 2nd instance of SQ just for optimizing and after such situation feel free to close it via process manager.

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)